About this threat
Muack.to is a highly dubious website, promoting a search engine. It’s more commonly known as a browser hijacker. Hijackers are low-level infections that can get into your computer via free software bundles so if you have one in your computer, you need to review how you install free programs. This hijacker is not going to harm your computer directly so do not worry.
However, it will make changes to your browser and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. Once that is done, it will proceed to try to redirect you to sponsored sites. Most browser hijackers do that as they is how they make income. You should also be aware that some hijackers are able to lead users to malicious content, which could result in a malware infection. It’s really not worth keeping this hijacker as it does not even provide anything useful. Delete Muack.to.
Why uninstall Muack.to?
Browser hijackers exists to generate traffic for sponsored sites and to obtain non-sensitive information about your Internet usage. To be able to do that, it will make changes to your browser and set itself as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. These changes are irreversible, as you will quickly notice, unless you first remove Muack.to. The website itself seems to be some kind of online shop search engine that allows you to search products you are looking for. There might also be a few ads here and there. In short, it does not exactly look reliable. If you want to shop for something, you should go to those websites directly, and not via some dubious search engine that could be inserting questionable content into the results, as so many hijackers do. It may even be able to insert malicious results and you could be led to a malware infection. We highly doubt you like dealing with this hijacker so delete Muack.to.
How does a hijacker spread?
Browser hijackers are attached to free software as extra offers and in order to stop them from installing, you need to either not install the freeware or deselect everything that has been attached. This cannot be done in Default settings, which are what a lot of users opt to use. Those settings will not even show you if anything has been attached. Instead, pick Advanced or Custom mode. All extra offers will be visible there and you will be able to manually deselect all. By simply unchecking a few boxes, you are ensuring that you will not have to later uninstall Muack.to or similar.
You have two ways to remove Muack.to, manually and automatically. We would recommend the latter option as you will have to locate the hijacker yourself otherwise. The anti-spyware of your choice would locate and erase the hijacker without you having to waste time looking for it. However, if you go with manual Muack.to removal, be prepared to spend some time searching for it.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Muack.toUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Muack.to. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Muack.to and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Muack.to and related programs.
Remove Muack.to from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Muack.to from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Muack.to from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Muack.to from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Muack.to or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Muack.to from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Muack.to from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Muack.to from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Muack.to from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Muack.to and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.