What is My-bing.com?
My-bing.com is a browser hijacker that must have entered your computer together with free software. You need to start paying closer attention to how you install free programs because you essentially allowed My-bing.com to enter your computer yourself. It was attached to freeware and was set to install unless you manually deselected it.
It is not considered to be a malicious computer virus nor should you worry about it harming your computer directly. However, it will change your browser’s settings and track your browsing sessions. Most hijackers intend to redirect users to sponsored pages and some of those redirects could lead to a malware infection. However, it does not seem like My-bing.com is aiming to make income by redirecting you. It will track your browsing thus you should uninstall My-bing.com.
How does My-bing.com spread?
Browser hijackers use software bundles to spread. That means that they are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install automatically. To prevent these unwanted installations, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware. Those settings will allow you to deselect what has been added. All you have to do is uncheck a couple of boxes. If you rush through the process in Default settings, do not be surprised if you end up with all kinds of unwanted items on your computer. And if it has already installed, make sure that you delete My-bing.com.
Why remove My-bing.com?
Trovi.com will be set as your homepage and new tabs on all leading browsers installed on your computer. When you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will be redirected to My-bing.com and then to trovi.com. These changes will be carried out without your permission and you will be unable to undo them unless you first uninstall My-bing.com. The website will provide you with a search box that leads you to Bing. This is a pretty useless service as users who wish to use Bing can go there directly. This browser hijacker will monitor your browsing activities and gather all kinds of information, and that includes the sensitive kind, such as names, addresses, phone numbers. It will also collect non-personal information which could then be sold to third-parties who would use it to make personalized advertisements that you would be more prone to clicking on. Browser hijackers are useless, they provide no beneficial features and are created for the sole reason of making money by using you. We do not suggest allowing it to stay on your computer. Delete My-bing.com.
You can choose to remove My-bing.com manually, and there will be instructions provided below this article, but locating the hijacker may be complex. If you do not think you can do it, employ anti-malware software and have it take care of My-bing.com removal for you. After you erase My-bing.com, you can go change browser’s settings.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove My-bing.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall My-bing.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like My-bing.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall My-bing.com and related programs.
Remove My-bing.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall My-bing.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete My-bing.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove My-bing.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for My-bing.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete My-bing.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase My-bing.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove My-bing.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall My-bing.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable My-bing.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.