What is My Lucky 123?
My Lucky 123 has a similar layout to Google Search, however, that should not confuse you, because it has nothing to do with Google. It falls into the category of browser hijackers. Once it gets access to your PC, it alters your browser settings and causes other unwanted changes that are aimed at promoting its sponsors and thus making profit. The hijacker is responsible for the ads you see in your browsers, redirects to unfamiliar sites, Internet slow downs, and more. There is no reason why you should tolerate these inconveniences. We advise that you delete My Lucky 123 without hesitation.
How does My Lucky 123 work?
My Lucky 123 may have entered your system through other freeware. It gets attached to free software and is presented to you as an additional offer during the installation process. It is possible that you did not pay attention to the wizard and unwittingly agreed to all optional offers. That is how potentially unwanted apps get installed. However, they can be avoided. When installing freeware, you should always choose the Advanced or Custom mode and deselect all components that are not necessary to you. You should only agree to installing the program that you originally wanted and nothing else, no matter how beneficial it may seem.
Once inside, the hijacker changes your browser settings. Your home page gets switched to Tavanero.info, while your default search engine is replaced with My Lucky 123. The hijacker will insert advertising data not only into your search results page, which you will see if you make use of your new search engine, but also into other websites that you visit. Keep in mind that these ads are not monitored by anyone and they can lead you to unsafe domains. If you do not wish to get exposed to various online scams, you should eliminate My Lucky 123 from your browsers as soon as possible.
How to remove My Lucky 123?
You can choose between manual and automatic My Lucky 123 removal options. If you decide to erase My Lucky 123 manually, you will have to delete its related application and fix your browser settings. In case you need more details on how to complete these tasks, you are welcome to use the instructions presented below the article. If, on the other hand, you decide to go with the more reliable method and terminate My Lucky 123 automatically, you will need a malware removal tool. You can download the anti-malware from our site and use it to scan and clean your PC. The utility will help you get rid of My Lucky 123 and keep your computer safeguarded from other infections that you may encounter on the Internet.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove My Lucky 123Use our recommended removal tool to uninstall My Lucky 123. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like My Lucky 123 and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall My Lucky 123 and related programs.
Remove My Lucky 123 from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall My Lucky 123 from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete My Lucky 123 from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove My Lucky 123 from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for My Lucky 123 or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete My Lucky 123 from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase My Lucky 123 from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove My Lucky 123 from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall My Lucky 123 from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable My Lucky 123 and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- remove my lucky 123
- how to remove my lucky 123
- my lucky 123 virus
- how to remove my lucky
- program to remove myluck 123
- mylucky123 removal
- how to remove mylucky123
- my lucky 123 removal
- حذف my lucky 123
- anti virus for my lucky
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.