What has to be learned about My Lucky Search?
My Lucky Search is just another browser hijacker that will take over the control of all your web browsers. Once My Lucky Search infection finds your virtual machine, your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer settings will be modified. All of the previously mentioned internet surfers will have a new home page and search engine. Most probably they will all lead to My Lucky Search. However, it is also possible that you will be redirected to the third party web sites. Hence, you could easily end up exploring the very dark side of the internet. Before this happens, you should take action and delete My Lucky Search browser hijacker without hesitation.
Why My Lucky Search removal is so important?
If you do not delete My Lucky Search browser hijacker soon, your computer’s system will be flooded with all kinds of ads. The commercial adverts will show up as pop-ups, in-texts or even full computer’s screens. This can be not only annoying, but also dangerous to your own privacy. The browser hijacker gathers details about your web browsing habits. The collected information may be later used for commercial purposes. For instance, such data helps the hijacker’s developers determine the type of products that you may be interested in. This definitely increases the chances that you will click on the promoted links. Also, later you may noticed an increased number of ads. My Lucky Search will not waste any time in order to gain the money. Therefore, you may soon realize that your computer is completely filled up with ads. On top of that, My Lucky Search may sell the gathered information to the suspicious third parties. This can even lead to an identity theft. You should definitely take care of My Lucky Search removal before any of this has happened.
How did the browser hijacker enter my virtual machine?
My Lucky Search may have used an infected e-mail attachment in order to find your computer. Thus, you should always carefully choose the e-mails that you open. You should not trust any senders that you do not know.
My Lucky Search may have also applied the bundled freeware technique. The hijacker might enter your PC together with other unwanted applications. If this is the case, you will have to erase all the programs that may be connected with My Lucky Search. Even if you leave just one application that has altered your PC together with My Lucky Search, the infection may find a way back to the computer.
How to uninstall My Lucky Search from my electronic device?
You can delete My Lucky Search manually or automatically. If you choose to eliminate My Lucky Search and all the similar infections manually, you should make sure that none of the suspicious applications are left in the computer’s system. It is a lot easier to delete My Lucky Search automatically. You will only need to implement a sophisticated malware removal program that will do all the work for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove My Lucky SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall My Lucky Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like My Lucky Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall My Lucky Search and related programs.
Remove My Lucky Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall My Lucky Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete My Lucky Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove My Lucky Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for My Lucky Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete My Lucky Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase My Lucky Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove My Lucky Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall My Lucky Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable My Lucky Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.