My-search-start.com is a browser hijacker, sometimes referred to as a redirect virus, targeting solely Mac users. It is not malware and is not malicious, thus should not harm your computer directly. Despite that, it should not be allowed to remain on the computer because it will make changes to your browsers and likely try to redirect you to sponsored pages.
Without permission, we might add. Infection usually happens when users install freeware and not notice anything being attached to it. It is important that users always pay attention to how they install free programs because otherwise, they are opening their system up for all kinds of unwanted programs. The infection is not serious but the hijacker may be able to expose users to unsafe content which could lead to a more serious infection. And yes, Macs can get infected with more complex threats. Remove My-search-start.com as soon as possible.
How does My-search-start.com spread?
Browser hijackers always use the same method to enter computers and it is referred to as the bundling method. The hijacker is attached to free software as an extra offer that you need to deselect to prevent its installation. When you download free programs, make sure there is nothing attached and if there is, ensure you deselect it. During installation, Advanced or Custom settings should be available and there you will see all extra items. We recommend you deselect everything. Always pay attention to what you install onto your computer and how you do it because otherwise, you will find yourself having to uninstall My-search-start.com or similar regularly.
Why delete My-search-start.com?
The moment it gets into your Mac, it will hijack your browsers, be it Google Chrome, Safari or Mozilla Firefox, and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. The changes are irreversible unless you first remove My-search-start.com from the computer. Until then, you will see My-search-start.com load every time you open your browser. The website is very basic and merely has a search box provided in the middle. We do not recommend using it because it could expose you to sponsored content. The main goal of a hijacker is to make money. It will not make your browsing experience better in any way. It will only disturb it with weird ads. You could also be taken to a malicious site and malware could enter your computer. While Macs are less vulnerable than other computers, they are not invisible, and it’s your responsibility to protect yours. Uninstall My-search-start.com.
You will probably need to get anti-malware software to fully delete My-search-start.com. Pick a suitable program that works on your computer and allow it to erase My-search-start.com. Manual My-search-start.com removal might take time because you’d have to find the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove My-search-start.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall My-search-start.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like My-search-start.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall My-search-start.com and related programs.
Remove My-search-start.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall My-search-start.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete My-search-start.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove My-search-start.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for My-search-start.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete My-search-start.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase My-search-start.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove My-search-start.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall My-search-start.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable My-search-start.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.