What is My ShopMate virus?
Although My ShopMate is not an actual virus, it is not surprising that computer users keep referring to it in that way. The ad-supported program causes quite a few disruptions after it gets access to your system. It is rather likely that you do not remember installing the adware onto your PC. That is because it uses the bundling distribution method and often enters computers without the user’s notice. Once inside, the adware starts flooding your browsers with various types of ads. These ads slow down your browsing and expose you to unreliable web content. We advise that you terminate My ShopMate virus without further delay.
How does My ShopMate work?
My ShopMate works in a similar manner to SmartShoppy, ShoppyTool, and some other programs that belong to this category. Although the application may be promoted as a tool that will assist you when you shop online, its actual purpose has nothing to do with helping you in any way. The software is aimed at making money for its creators by boosting web traffic. It employs the pay-per-click system, so every time you click on one of its adverts, the developers of the application make profit. Unfortunately, not all advertisements shown to you by the adware can actually be trusted.
The ads that are shown to you by My ShopMate are not endorsed by it. They are also not monitored by anyone, so they could be fake. If you click on a fake advert, you will risk landing on a corrupted page and falling for a scam. There is a variety of virtual scams aimed at infecting your PC with malign or potentially unwanted apps, extorting money from you, acquiring your personal details, and so on. If you do not wish to deal with any of these consequences, you should not hesitate to delete My ShopMate virus from your computer.
How to remove My ShopMate virus?
Fortunately, it is not that difficult to get rid of My ShopMate virus. You can uninstall the adware manually or you can use a malware removal tool to delete My ShopMate virus automatically. If you choose manual My ShopMate virus removal option, you are welcome to follow the instructions we have prepared below this article. If, on the other hand, you wish to go with the more reliable solution, you should acquire an anti-malware tool. You can use the security software from our webpage. It will scan your PC and detect all unwanted elements. It will then eliminate My ShopMate virus without any difficulty. In addition to My ShopMate virus removal, the utility will also provide your computer with online protection in real time.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove My ShopMate virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall My ShopMate virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like My ShopMate virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall My ShopMate virus and related programs.
Remove My ShopMate virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall My ShopMate virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete My ShopMate virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove My ShopMate virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for My ShopMate virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete My ShopMate virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase My ShopMate virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove My ShopMate virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall My ShopMate virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable My ShopMate virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- my shop mate virus
- myshopmate virus
- my shop mate spyware
- virus myshopmate
- uninstall shopmate mac
- shop mate virus
- Remove MyShopMate firefox
- remove my shop mate
- myshopmite virus
- chrome my shopmate virus
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.