About this hijacker
MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar is a browser extension and a browser hijacker, made by a known potentially unwanted program (PUP) developer Mindspark Interactive Network. If you do not remember downloading it from the official website, then it could have entered your computer when you were installing freeware. If that is the case, you need to start paying closer attention to how you set up free programs because you allowed the hijacker to enter by not paying sufficient attention to the process. It’s not a serious threat and will not directly harm your computer.
That does not mean it should remain installed, however. It will make changes to your browser, set a new homepage and encourage you to use a dubious search engine. Engaging with this hijacker is not recommended because it could be able to expose you to malicious content. You need to delete MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar before it can expose you to something malicious.
How could you get the hijacker?
There is an official site where you can get the extension but it also seems to spread via freeware bundles. These kinds of items are attached to freeware as additional offers that you can choose to install. They are not obligatory but a lot of users end up with them simply because they do not notice and cannot deselect them. They are set to install so if they are not deselected during installation, they will be allowed to enter your computer. To be able to prevent these installations, simply choose Advanced or Custom settings and uncheck all extra offers that appear there. Make sure you uncheck all the offers. It’s much easier to do that than it would be to later uninstall MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar or similar.
Why remove MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar?
It is advertised as a useful tool, but this extension will change your browser’s settings and prevent you from restoring them. This will be especially annoying if you did not choose to install it yourself. It will affect all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox so you cannot run away from the issue by switching to another browser. You will have to delete MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar. You will have a new homepage that will promote a hp.myway.com search engine. It’s a dubious search engine and if you were to use it, you’d end up exposed to various kinds of sponsored content. Instead of legitimate websites, you could be redirected to advertisement or even malicious pages. This could lead you to a serious malware infection. We strongly suggest you uninstall MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar.
MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar removal
You should be okay with manual MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar removal and for your convenience, there will be a guide provided below to help you. If you are struggling with the process, obtaining anti-spyware might be a good idea. The program would find and remove MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar without you having to do anything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MyDigitalCalendar ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar and related programs.
Remove MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MyDigitalCalendar Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.