About MyFileConvert Toolbar
MyFileConvert is a dubious toolbar that was developed by Mindspark Interactive, a known developer for potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). There are two ways it could have infiltrated your computer, you either downloaded it yourself or it was added to a free program that you installed. Officially, it is advertised as a tool that will help you convert files and that is certainly useful but in addition to that, MyFileConvert Toolbar will also make changes to your browser and encourage you to use a dubious search engine. There are plenty of file converting options on the Internet and they will not force you to use additional services that come with it. Whether you installed it willingly or not, we suggest you delete MyFileConvert Toolbar.
Why uninstall MyFileConvert Toolbar?
In order to avoid the same situation all over again, you need to understand how these unwanted items can enter a computer without explicit authorizations. If it is attached to freeware and if you install that free program, you are basically allowing the added item to install as well, unless you manually deselect it. To do this, use Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation and uncheck the boxes that will appear there. By deselecting those items, you are basically allowing added items to install. Make sure you do this and you will not have to remove MyFileConvert Toolbar or similar unwanted programs in the future.
While MyFileConvert Toolbar might act as it promises and allow you to convert files, it will also change your browser’s settings and set hp.myway.com as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. It will affect all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox but you may not be explicitly asked to allow those changes. It could also prevent you from modifying the settings again so you would first need to delete MyFileConvert Toolbar. Your anti-malware software might immediately react when you are led to hp.myway.com and block certain parts of it. Be careful if you choose to use the provided search engine because it will insert sponsored content into the results. The majority of browser hijackers do this because when you enter a sponsored page, they make income. The worrying thing about those redirects is that some of them could lead to dangerous websites and the whole thing might end in a malware infection. If you are not careful, your computer could suffer a lot of damage. It is best you uninstall MyFileConvert Toolbar.
MyFileConvert Toolbar removal
MyFileConvert Toolbar removal should not cause too much trouble and there are two methods to choose from. You can remove MyFileConvert Toolbar manually and that involves you locating the hijacker yourself. There will be instructions to help you erase MyFileConvert Toolbar provided below this report. However, if you do not feel confident, you can use anti-malware software. Obtain a reliable one and allow it to eliminate MyFileConvert Toolbar for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MyFileConvert ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MyFileConvert Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MyFileConvert Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall MyFileConvert Toolbar and related programs.
Remove MyFileConvert Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MyFileConvert Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MyFileConvert Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MyFileConvert Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MyFileConvert Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MyFileConvert Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MyFileConvert Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MyFileConvert Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MyFileConvert Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MyFileConvert Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.