What is MyNetSpeed.co?
MyNetSpeed.co is a dubious browser extension, advertised as a tool that can check your Internet speed. It is also a browser hijacker that takes control of your browser and attempts to lead you to sponsored websites. If you do not remember download this add-on, it must have gotten into your computer together with other software, as one of those additional items. It is not malicious but it will alter certain browser’s settings so that it could redirect you to weird websites and generate pay-per-click revenue. While it may sound like only a mild nuisance, you should also be aware that browser hijackers can accidentally lead you to a malicious websites where you could run into malware. It is doubtful that you wanted your browser’s settings changed, you probably did not even choose to install this extension. You should remove MyNetSpeed.co.
Why should I delete MyNetSpeed.co?
If you were to visit MyNetSpeed.co, you’d see a Test Now button that would supposedly test your Internet speed. If you look below, in smaller letters, it says that if you click that button, you are agreeing to install the extension. It can also enter your computer via software bundles. MyNetSpeed.co could have been attached to some sort of free software and you unknowingly allowed it to install. You must have picked Default settings during the installation and that is why you were not informed of additional items. When dealing with software installs, you need to select Advanced (Custom) mode. In those settings, you would have been given the option of deselecting MyNetSpeed.co, as well as other added items. If you had done this before, you would not need to uninstall MyNetSpeed.co right now.
When you install the extension, it will hijack your browser and make certain changes. It does not matter which browser you have, it will affect Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. MyNetSpeed.co will set its domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. Those changes can only be undone after you delete MyNetSpeed.co. Whenever you open your browser, you will be taken to Mynetspeed.co/homepage/homepage.html?id=1119. You will be presented with a search engine that supposedly generates results via Yahoo. What it actually does is, it inserts sponsored websites among the legitimate results so that you would click on them. MyNetSpeed.co generate pay-per-click revenue so you will end up on all sorts of advertisement websites. You should avoid fake results as much as possible because you might end up on a dangerous website and end up with malware. When you erase MyNetSpeed.co and change back the settings, your browser will go back to normal.
As soon as you notice it has hijacked your browser, you should remove MyNetSpeed.co. To uninstall MyNetSpeed.co fully, you should use professional removal software. However, if you wish to take care of MyNetSpeed.co removal manually, follow the provided instructions below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MyNetSpeed.coUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MyNetSpeed.co. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MyNetSpeed.co and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall MyNetSpeed.co and related programs.
Remove MyNetSpeed.co from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MyNetSpeed.co from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MyNetSpeed.co from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MyNetSpeed.co from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MyNetSpeed.co or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MyNetSpeed.co from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MyNetSpeed.co from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MyNetSpeed.co from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MyNetSpeed.co from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MyNetSpeed.co and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.