MySearch.com Removal Guide (Uninstall MySearch.com)
MySearch.com is promoted as a useful search tool that can make your online browsing experience better. Unfortunately, that is not quite the case. In reality, the so-called search engine is nothing but a browser hijacker developed for the sole purpose of making profit for its creators. It is used to generate web traffic, which means that it will insert ads into your visited pages, reroute you to sponsor sites, and more.
The hijacker travels in free software bundles and in most cases computer users have no idea that they have agreed to its addition in the first place. We advise that you delete MySearch.com from your browser as soon as you can.
How does MySearch.com work?
MySearch.com gets set as your home page, new tab and default search engine as soon as the hijacker gets installed. The page contains a search box and quick access buttons to such popular websites as Facebook, Twitter, and so on. If you enter a term into the box, you will be redirected to Search.MySearch.com and presented with results that contain lots of sponsored links. It is clear that you will not be able to search for relevant information the way you used to. Moreover, you will also see commercial data on other sites that you visit. This will slow down your online surfing speed.
What is important for you to keep in mind is that the adverts that you are presented with are not all legitimate. Some of the ads are fake and they could lead you to corrupted pages. Even the advertisements that appear especially relevant could be fake. In fact, the only reason they seem so beneficial is because the hijacker tracks your cookies and uses the collected information to show you personalized ads. If you want to get rid of the unreliable commercial data and other unwanted symptoms, you should terminate MySearch.com.
How to remove MySearch.com?
Luckily, you can eliminate MySearch.com manually. All you need to do is uninstall the application that is responsible for the hijacker’s appearance and then fix your browser settings. These tasks can be completed with the help of the manual MySearch.com removal guide that you can find below the article. Alternative solution is to remove MySearch.com automatically. You can do that by implementing the anti-malware utility from our page. It will scan your system and detect all potential issues. The security tool will then delete MySearch.com automatically along with other unwanted files and programs. In addition to that, you will also be making sure that your computer stays protected in the future. The malware remover also functions as a malware prevention measure, which means that it will shield your system from various infections that you may encounter online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MySearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MySearch.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like MySearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall MySearch.com and related programs.
Remove MySearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MySearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MySearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MySearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MySearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MySearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MySearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MySearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MySearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MySearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.