mysmart123.com is a dubious website forced upon you by a browser hijacker. Compared to some serious malware threats out there, a browser hijacker does not pose significant danger to your computer. It is a low-rank infection that will merely annoy you with its presence. However, it should be mentioned that while hijackers are relatively harmless by themselves, they could lead users to malicious content and that could result in a malware infection.
Hijackers aim to generate traffic for sponsored websites and that is why you may be experiencing all kinds random redirects to weird pages. You probably got the hijacker when you were installing free software. Freeware usually comes with extra items but they are unnoticeable unless you go looking for them. We do not suggest keeping this hijacker on your computer and instead, you ought to delete mysmart123.com.
Why uninstall mysmart123.com?
You need to learn how extra items manage to install onto your computers without your explicit consent so that this does not happen again. mysmart123.com was attached to a free program that you were installing and you failed to notice it. Since you did not uncheck it, mysmart123.com was authorized to install alongside the freeware. To prevent these kinds of unwanted installations, choose Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation. Those settings, unlike Default, will show you all added offers and you will able to deselect them. Deselecting all offers is recommended if you want to have a clean computer. Always use those settings because otherwise, you may have to regularly remove mysmart123.com and other kinds of threats of the same kind.
mysmart123.com acts like any other browser hijacker, it will hijack your browsers (be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) and then try to redirect you to sponsored pages. These redirects are the reason why hijackers exist in the first place. By generating traffic they make income for those site owners. So you are used to make money but gain nothing in return. We should also mention that trying to change browser’s settings is futile because the hijacker will just alter them again. This will keep happening until you delete mysmart123.com. It will quickly become obvious that the website is not something trustworthy. It is also in Chinese, so if you do not speak the language, you will have no use of it in any case. We recommend against engaging with anything found of the site because you could be exposed to unreliable content. You need to make sure you erase mysmart123.com as soon as possible because it could bring about serious trouble.
You have two ways to uninstall mysmart123.com, choose the one most suitable for you depending on your experience with computers. If you go with manual mysmart123.com removal, you will need to find the hijacker yourself and that could turn out to be quite time-consuming. This is why we recommend you remove mysmart123.com using anti-spyware software. The program would find and eliminate mysmart123.com without you having to do anything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MySmart123.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MySmart123.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MySmart123.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall MySmart123.com and related programs.
Remove MySmart123.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MySmart123.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MySmart123.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MySmart123.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MySmart123.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MySmart123.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MySmart123.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MySmart123.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MySmart123.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MySmart123.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.