What is MyStart by IncrediBar?
MyStart by IncrediBar is usually classified as a browser hijacker because of its ability to modify your browser settings. It alters your home page and default search engine and adds toolbars to all of your browsers. The unwanted program travels in freeware and shareware bundles. It usually gets installed without the computer user’s notice, so it is quite possible that you never wanted to acquire this application at all. The hijacker affects all web browsers, so you will not be able to avoid its effects by switching to a different one. If you want to eliminate its symptoms, you will have to delete MyStart by IncrediBar from your PC.
How does MyStart by IncrediBar work?
As soon as MyStart by IncrediBar gets installed it alters your browser settings. Its toolbar shows up in your browsers every time you go online. The hijacker also replaces your home page and default search engine with mystart.incredibar.com. This low-quality website contains a search box and a fake advertisement right below it. At the bottom of the page you will see that the hijacker belongs to Perion Network Ltd. If you enter a query into the search box, you will be presented with results that contain ads and sponsored links. Just like the advertisements on the home page, this commercial content could be unreliable as well. Do not click on any ads brought to you by the hijacker no matter where they appear.
Other symptoms associated with the hijacker include redirects to unfamiliar pages, tracking cookies and Internet slow downs. The hijacker can redirect you to its associated sites in the middle of your browsing for no apparent reason. It uses tracking cookies to collect information about your online activities and uses it to personalize the ads you see online. As for the slow Internet connection, the surfing speed decreases because of the excessive commercial data with which the hijacker fills your browsers. If you want your browser settings to go back to normal, you will have to get rid of MyStart by IncrediBar.
How to remove MyStart by IncrediBar?
You can eliminate MyStart by IncrediBar by uninstalling it from your system and modifying your browser settings. If you are not sure how to do that, you can use the instructions provided below. Alternatively, you can download a malware removal tool from our page and use it to erase MyStart by IncrediBar completely. The utility will scan your system, detect its issues and delete MyStart by IncrediBar automatically. It will also protect your PC from other infections you may catch online.
Step 1. Uninstall MyStart by IncrediBar and related programs.
Remove MyStart by IncrediBar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MyStart by IncrediBar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MyStart by IncrediBar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MyStart by IncrediBar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MyStart by IncrediBar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MyStart by IncrediBar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MyStart by IncrediBar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MyStart by IncrediBar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MyStart by IncrediBar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MyStart by IncrediBar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MyStart by IncrediBarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MyStart by IncrediBar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MyStart by IncrediBar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...