Mysupersearch.net is a browser hijacker that is going to make changes to your browser without your explicit permission. It may have entered your computer without your permission via free software bundles. This is not an uncommon situation and many users find themselves with all kinds of unwanted programs like hijackers and adware simply because they do not pay enough attention to how they install free programs and end up missing added offers.
The hijacker is not malicious but it will change your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. By doing this, hijackers can redirect you to sponsored pages, which is why they exists in the first place. Hijackers attempt to generate traffic for various sites because more traffic means more money for site owners. There is no need to put up with it, delete Mysupersearch.net.
How does Mysupersearch.net spread?
Browser hijackers all use the bundling method to spread. That means that Mysupersearch.net was attached to free software as an additional offer and you missed it. Since those offers are set to install alongside the freeware, you need to manually deselect them. This can be done in Advanced or Custom settings. All you need to do is uncheck the boxes that appear there. By deselecting all additional offers, you are preventing them from installing. If you use Default settings or always rush the installation processes, it would not be surprising if you ended up having to remove Mysupersearch.net or similar regularly.
Why uninstall Mysupersearch.net?
As soon as it enters your computer, Mysupersearch.net will hijack all leading browsers. It will change settings and set its domain as your homepage and new tabs. Once that is done, you will not be able to alter them back unless you first delete Mysupersearch.net from the system. Until then, every time you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will be redirected to Mysupersearch.net. Your new homepage will have a scenic background, links to various sites like Facebook, Booking, Instagram, etc., and a search box. If you try to perform a search, be it via address bar or search box, you will be taken to Yahoo. While it is a legitimate search engine, the hijacker is essentially forcing you to use it. It is not the case with Mysupersearch.net but some hijackers can sometimes lead users to malicious sites where malware could be lurking. This is why hijackers should not be allowed to stay on systems, especially if users did not choose to install them. Remove Mysupersearch.net.
When it comes to Mysupersearch.net removal, there are two methods. You should choose the one that suits you the best. You can try to uninstall Mysupersearch.net manually but you will have to find it yourself. For an easier way, you can erase Mysupersearch.net automatically, using professional removal software. The program would find and eliminate Mysupersearch.net without you having to do anything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Mysupersearch.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Mysupersearch.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Mysupersearch.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Mysupersearch.net and related programs.
Remove Mysupersearch.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Mysupersearch.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Mysupersearch.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Mysupersearch.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Mysupersearch.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Mysupersearch.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Mysupersearch.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Mysupersearch.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Mysupersearch.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Mysupersearch.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.