What is MyTransitMapper Toolbar?
MyTransitMapper Toolbar, developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc, is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and a browser hijacker that is advertised as an application that would provide information related to public transport. If you did not download it from the official website, then it could have entered your computer along with some free software. The latter is a very widely used method among PUP developers because it essentially allows the unwanted program to install without the user even noticing. Those kinds of programs are not dangerous and usually aim to gain income by exposing the user to sponsored content. However, it should be noted that some hijackers might be able to lead users to dangerous content. It is recommended that users delete MyTransitMapper Toolbar.
Why should you remove MyTransitMapper Toolbar?
Seeing as it is a legitimate browser extension, you could have downloaded it yourself. But it could have also infected your computer using freeware bundles. This is the usual way PUPs spread. They are attached to free software and are set to install alongside. In order to stop them from doing so you either not install the freeware or you manually reject all the additional offers. This can be done if you choose Advanced or Custom settings during installations and deselect all the boxes that appear there. Default settings will not give you that option and you will end up having to uninstall MyTransitMapper Toolbar or similar sooner or later.
While MyTransitMapper Toolbar may be advertised as a useful tool, the reality could be much different. It may be able to hijack all your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and set its domain as your homepage. hp.myway.com would load every time you open your browser and these changes cannot be undone unless you first delete MyTransitMapper Toolbar from your browser. The search engine that you will be forced to use may not be that useful. It could insert sponsored sites into the results so that you would be redirected to them. More people visiting the site means more money. The rather worrying factor of these redirects is that you could be led to malicious websites where malware could be lurking. The PUP will not provide you with anything useful so there is no use in keeping it on your computer. Remove MyTransitMapper Toolbar.
MyTransitMapper Toolbar removal
If you decide that you want to uninstall MyTransitMapper Toolbar, there are two ways you can do it. If you opt for manual MyTransitMapper Toolbar removal, you will have to erase MyTransitMapper Toolbar yourself and that may be tougher than it looks because locating hijackers is difficult. This is where professional anti-malware software comes into play. Those programs are designed to locate and get rid of hijackers so you would not need to do anything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MyTransitMapper ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MyTransitMapper Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like MyTransitMapper Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall MyTransitMapper Toolbar and related programs.
Remove MyTransitMapper Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MyTransitMapper Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MyTransitMapper Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MyTransitMapper Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MyTransitMapper Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MyTransitMapper Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MyTransitMapper Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MyTransitMapper Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MyTransitMapper Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MyTransitMapper Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.