MyTransitPlanner Toolbar Removal Tips (Delete MyTransitPlanner Toolbar)
MyTransitPlanner Toolbar is usually classified as a potentially unwanted or an ad-supported program. It belongs to Mindspark Interactive Network, a company that is responsible for a variety of similar applications.
The toolbar has an official page, free.mytransitplanner.com, where it is promoted as a utility that can provide you with free access to train and bus schedules, subway maps, fare info, transit directions, car services, and more. Although these features may be useful to some computer users, the software also takes other actions that may not be as beneficial. If you are not happy with it any longer, we suggest that you terminate MyTransitPlanner Toolbar without hesitation.
How does MyTransitPlanner Toolbar work?
MyTransitPlanner Toolbar is powered by Ask.com. This means that after its installation your home page and default search provider will be replaced with home.tb.ask.com and search.tb.ask.com. Although these sites are completely legitimate, you may not have intended to change your settings, and simply did not notice agreeing to it during the installation process. Your new home page contains a search box and quick links to such popular sites as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and others. As for your search engine, it will show you relevant results, however, it will also expose you to commercial ads. By making use of Ask services, you also agree to their use of tracking cookies. The site will collect information about your searches, visited pages, and so on. This data can be used for marketing purposes and shared with third parties. If you want to go back to your original browser settings, you will have to delete MyTransitPlanner Toolbar and Ask tools.
Although the Mindspark application has an official page, where you can download it, there are other ways of acquiring it as well. The program may enter your system in a freeware bundle. If you did not download the toolbar from its official site, you may have other unwanted programs on your PC. It would be best to eliminate these programs from your system as well.
How to remove MyTransitPlanner Toolbar?
If you want to eliminate MyTransitPlanner Toolbar from your browsers, you can do that in one of two ways – manually or automatically. If you choose manual MyTransitPlanner Toolbar removal, you will have to uninstall MyTransitPlanner Toolbar from your computer and then remove it from your browser extensions. If you also want to get rid of Ask Search, you will have to restore your browser settings. Instructions below can help you with this process. Alternatively, you can implement the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to clean your PC. It will not only remove MyTransitPlanner Toolbar and other potential threats, but it will also keep your computer safe and protected in the future by shielding it from other threats you may encounter online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove MyTransitPlanner ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall MyTransitPlanner Toolbar. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like MyTransitPlanner Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall MyTransitPlanner Toolbar and related programs.
Remove MyTransitPlanner Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall MyTransitPlanner Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete MyTransitPlanner Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove MyTransitPlanner Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for MyTransitPlanner Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete MyTransitPlanner Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase MyTransitPlanner Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove MyTransitPlanner Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall MyTransitPlanner Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable MyTransitPlanner Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.