About NCrypt Ransomware
NCrypt is a relatively new ransomware type of virus that encrypts files. During the encryption process, this ransomware adds the .ncrypt file extension to encrypted files so that victims are aware which files have been taken hostage. If victims want to get their files back, they must pay the criminals and then they will supposedly get the decryption key. Paying ransomware developers is always risky because most just take your money and not give you anything.
The same could happen with NCrypt Ransomware so we advise against paying. The reason you got infected is because you probably opened a spam email attachment, used Torrents or fell for a fake software update. Unfortunately, there currently is no way to decrypt the files. If you have backup, you must remove NCrypt Ransomware and only then get your files. If you use backup before you delete NCrypt Ransomware, you could end up encrypting those files as well.
How does NCrypt File Virus spread?
Ransomware usually spreads via spam emails, peer-to-peer networks (Torrents) and fake software updates. Always be very cautious when opening spam emails, we suggest you don’t open them at all, actually. The hackers could be posing as government organizations to pressure you into opening the infected attachment and once you do, the ransomware downloads onto your computer. You could have also gotten NCrypt Ransomware if you used Torrents. Torrents are not safe to use anyway because you can never know what you are downloading. Fake software updates are also a good way to spread ransomware. Never update software from unofficial websites.
Why is NCrypt File Virus so dangerous?
When NCrypt Ransomware downloads onto your computer, it will encrypt your files and then drop a ransom message onto your desktop. It informs victims that their files have been encrypted and that the only way to recover the files is to pay them 0.2 Bitcoin (around $125). The victims are given an email address, which they are supposed to use to send the payment ID after they pay. Supposedly, the victims would then receive the decryption key. Unfortunately, when the hackers say that the only way to recover the files is to use their decryption key, they are telling the truth. But that does mean you should pay. Experience shows that paying the ransom rarely leads to the decryption key. You might be ignored by the hackers after you make payment and end up just supporting their future projects. Remove NCrypt Ransomware from your computer and then invest in proper backup so that you won’t lose files again.
NCrypt Ransomware removal
In order to erase NCrypt Ransomware, you must use anti-malware software as manual NCrypt Ransomware removal could be damaging for your computer. If you already have anti-malware software, update it to make sure it can delete NCrypt Ransomware.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove NCrypt File VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall NCrypt File Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like NCrypt File Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete NCrypt File Virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove NCrypt File Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove NCrypt File Virus
Remove NCrypt File Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete NCrypt File Virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete NCrypt File Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete NCrypt File Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.