What is newsonly.info/news/?
Newsonly.info/news/ is a browser hijacker that has infected your browser and is appearing every time you open it. It is not a malicious computer application and merely aims to generate income by redirecting you. You must have picked it up when you installed free software and did not notice that newsonly.info/news/ was attached. If the hijacker goes unnoticed, it is allowed to install.
This is why it is important that you pay close attention to how you install free software. This hijacker will make unwanted changes to your browser without your permission and might even expose you to malicious content. Some browser hijackers are known to redirect users to malicious pages where malware could be lurking. That malware would then download onto your computer and it would be a much more serious issue compared to a mere hijacker. You need to delete newsonly.info/news/ as soon as possible.
How does newsonly.info/news/ spread?
Browser hijackers spread together with software bundles. When you install freeware, beware of attached items that are hiding. You can only see them if you choose Advanced (Custom) settings during the freeware installation. Always use those settings and deselect what has been added. All you have to do is uncheck a couple of boxes and that will be enough to prevent added items from installing. You can then proceed to install the free software. Do not rush through the installation processes because that is how you end up having to remove newsonly.info/news/ or similar.
Why uninstall newsonly.info/news/?
newsonly.info/news/ will attach itself to all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Your browser’s settings will be changed and you will be redirected to newsonly.info/news/ every time you open the browser. These changes were carried out without your permission and cannot be undone unless you first delete newsonly.info/news/ from the computer. On the site, you will be presented with a search engine and various new articles. The search engine leads you to Google so there is no use in using it as you can just go to Google directly. We do not think that pressing on any of the articles is a good idea. Who knows on what kind of web page you will end up. You could easily be exposed to malware and allow it to enter your computer. If you care to protect your system, you need remove newsonly.info/news/.
You might need to obtain professional removal software if you wish to fully uninstall newsonly.info/news/ from the system. Manual newsonly.info/news/ removal is possible but you will have to locate the hijacker yourself and that could be tricky as it is hidden. Which is why we recommend that you erase newsonly.info/news/ using the removal program. After you eliminate newsonly.info/news/, you can go change your browser settings and go back to browsing as usual.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove newsonly.info/newsUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall newsonly.info/news. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like newsonly.info/news and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall newsonly.info/news and related programs.
Remove newsonly.info/news from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall newsonly.info/news from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete newsonly.info/news from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove newsonly.info/news from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for newsonly.info/news or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete newsonly.info/news from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase newsonly.info/news from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove newsonly.info/news from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall newsonly.info/news from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable newsonly.info/news and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.