Newstop5.net is a browser hijacker, sometimes referred to as a redirect virus. Hijackers are not malicious software and are usually rather harmless in the sense that they will not damage your computer directly. They are more like an annoying pests than anything. Newstop5.net will change your browser’s settings and possibly redirect you to sponsored pages.
When you visit a site full of ads, the owners of that site get money. And browser hijackers exists to generate traffic for those sites. The biggest problem with those redirects is that not all of those sites may be secure. Some could have malware lurking on them and if you were to enter, the malicious software could get into your computer. You should remove Newstop5.net seeing as it will not bring anything good to your computer. And if you are worried about more of these kinds of infections, you need to learn the proper way to install free programs.
How is Newstop5.net distributed?
Users rarely install hijackers willingly, they usually infect computers with the help of free software. It is attached as an additional item but most users usually do not notice them because they are hidden. In order for them to become visible and for you to be able to deselect them, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation. In those settings, just uncheck the boxes of those added items and you will be able to install the freeware, without worrying about extra items. If you suspect that you have already installed it, we suggest you check your computer and make sure to delete Newstop5.net because nothing good will come from it staying.
Why should you uninstall Newstop5.net?
When a hijacker installs onto a computer, it immediately changes browser’s settings and sets its domain as the homepage and new tabs of most browsers installed. In the case of this hijacker, when you open your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers, you will be redirected to Newstop5.net. This change may be done without your authorization and it will keep overruling your changes every time you alter the settings. Essentially, you are stuck with the homepage until you remove Newstop5.net. This particular hijacker is identical to many other ones, it provides a search engine that leads to Google, as well as many news articles. We do not suggest pressing on any of the provided articles because the hijacker may be just aiming to expose you to sponsored content. Some hijackers are even able to lead you malicious sites, where you could pick up some malware by mistake. You will gain nothing by not performing Newstop5.net removal so bear that in mind.
To make sure that you fully delete Newstop5.net, you may need to obtain professional removal software. The security program would find the hijacker wherever it is hiding and take care of it. If you choose to uninstall Newstop5.net manually, you will have to find the hijacker yourself. To help you eliminate Newstop5.net, there will be instructions provided below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Newstop5.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Newstop5.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Newstop5.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Newstop5.net and related programs.
Remove Newstop5.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Newstop5.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Newstop5.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Newstop5.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Newstop5.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Newstop5.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Newstop5.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Newstop5.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Newstop5.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Newstop5.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.