About this threat in short
NewTab.Pro is classified as a browser intruder, a rather minor infection that shouldn’t do direct harm to your system. Setup for the most part occurs accidentally and often users aren’t even aware of how it occurred. The most common way hijackers travel is through freeware bundles. A browser intruder is not a dangerous piece of malware and shouldn’t do any direct damage. You will, however, be continually redirected to advertisement sites, because that is why they even exist. Reroute viruses do not guarantee the sites are secure so you may be rerouted to one that would lead to a malware contamination. We don’t advise keeping it as it will give no useful features. To go back to normal surfing, you must abolish NewTab.Pro.
How did the hijacker infect my PC
Freeware oftentimes come along with additional offers. It may have adware, browser hijackers and various unnecessary tools attached to it. People usually end up setting up browser intruders and other not wanted utilities as they do not choose Advanced or Custom settings during a free software installation. If something has been attached, it will be visible there, and you should uncheck everything. They will install automatically if you use Default mode as you won’t be informed of anything being attached, and that allows those offers to install. You should delete NewTab.Pro as it did not even ask for explicit authorization to install.
Why must I delete NewTab.Pro?
When a browser hijacker invades your computer, changes to your browser will be carried out. The hijacker’s promoted site will be set to load as your homepage. All popular browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, will have those alterations executed. And unless you first uninstall NewTab.Pro, you will possibly not be able to undo the setting modifications. Your new homepage will have a search engine, and we do not advise using as it will expose you to plenty of advertisement content, in order to redirect you. Hijackers want to generate as much traffic as possible for web pages so that owners get revenue, which is why they reroute you. You will quickly grow tired of the hijacker because it will perform regular redirects to weird sites. Those reroutes also pose a certain risk to you as they are not only aggravating but also pretty harmful. You could be led to some harmful site, where malware might be hiding, by those reroutes. You are advised to eliminate NewTab.Pro as soon as it makes itself known as only then will you be able to avert a more serious infection.
It should be much easier if you downloaded spyware termination programs and used it uninstallNewTab.Pro for you. Going with by hand NewTab.Pro removal means you will have to find the browser intruder yourself. If you scroll down, you will see guidelines to help you remove NewTab.Pro.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove NewTab.ProUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall NewTab.Pro. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like NewTab.Pro and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall NewTab.Pro and related programs.
Remove NewTab.Pro from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall NewTab.Pro from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete NewTab.Pro from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove NewTab.Pro from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for NewTab.Pro or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete NewTab.Pro from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase NewTab.Pro from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove NewTab.Pro from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall NewTab.Pro from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable NewTab.Pro and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.