About nJoyPlay Search
nJoyPlay Search is a dubious browser extension and a browser hijacker. It is an extension that supposedly allows you to access all kinds of online games. It also hijacks browsers and makes changes to them, sometimes without explicit permission. You could have obtained nJoyPlay Search yourself from some website or it might have entered your computer using software bundles.
It was attached to some freeware that you were installing, and you did not notice. Hijackers are not serious infections, usually considered to be rather low-level but they can perform unwanted, sometimes even dangerous redirects to weird websites. They aim to make income by generating traffic for sponsored sites so that is why you might end up on them. You should keep in mind that some hijackers can lead users to malicious sites, where malware could be lurking. Delete nJoyPlay Search.
Why is nJoyPlay Search on your computer
The hijacker was probably attached to free software as an extra offer. This is not unusual and most freeware has some kind of additional item attached to it. This is why it is so important that you always check for extra offers when installing freeware. When you start the freeware installation process, choose Advanced or Custom settings and you will be able to see whether something has been attached. If there is something, simply uncheck the items and you can continue installing the freeware. You could have also obtained it yourself, by downloading it from some website. However, whichever way you installed it, you ought to remove nJoyPlay Search.
Why uninstall nJoyPlay Search?
The extension allows you to access various kinds of online games, sets a different homepage and changes your default search engine. If you installed the add-on yourself, you were probably aware of the changes. However, if it entered your computer unannounced, the alterations will surprise you. Currently, it seems to be able to affect only Google Chrome but that can easily change in the future. Your default search engine will be changed, which means that when you perform a search, whether via address bar or using the search bar, you will always be led to Yahoo Search. This will keep happening until you decide to delete nJoyPlay Search. Trying to change the settings is also a waste of time as long as the hijacker is on your computer. While Yahoo is a completely legitimate search engine, you are essentially forced to use it. And you should not put up with it if you prefer something else. You should not get redirected to malicious sites but you should still be careful of the hijacker collecting information about you. The hijacker could be gathering data about your browsing habits and then sharing it with third-parties. We suggest you remove nJoyPlay Search.
nJoyPlay Search removal
If you made the decision to delete nJoyPlay Search, you have two options, manual and automatic nJoyPlay Search removal. If you go with the latter option, you will have to locate the hijacker yourself, which may take a while. This is why we recommend you erase nJoyPlay Search using professional removal software.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove nJoyPlay SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall nJoyPlay Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like nJoyPlay Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall nJoyPlay Search and related programs.
Remove nJoyPlay Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall nJoyPlay Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete nJoyPlay Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove nJoyPlay Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for nJoyPlay Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete nJoyPlay Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase nJoyPlay Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove nJoyPlay Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall nJoyPlay Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable nJoyPlay Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.