What is Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus?
If you see the fake “Norton Security Scan Tech Support” alerts in your browsers, you most probably have an ad-supported application installed on your computer. These notifications may look legitimate, but we assure you, they are completely fake. You should always be extremely cautious with the pop-up alerts that you see online, because oftentimes they are unreliable and their main goal is to make you fall for a scam. If the Norton Security Scan window keeps showing up on your screen regardless of where you go online, it is almost certainly the adware’s fault. We suggest that you terminate Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus as soon as you can.
How does Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus work?
There are two possible reasons why you may get exposed to this scam. One of them has already been mentioned (adware) and the other one is untrustworthy domains. If the fake notification only appears on your screen when you visit a specific website, you should avoid this website as it is clearly unreliable. However, if this and other suspicious alerts and ads keep showing up in your browsers no matter which pages you visit, it means that they are generated by an ad-supported program.
You may not remember installing the adware, because it usually gets access to computers through other software. It is important that you pay attention to every step of the wizard when installing freeware, otherwise, you may install unnecessary programs without even realizing it. Once the unwanted application gets installed, it starts flooding your browsers with various adverts, which are not monitored by anyone. Some of the ads are completely fake. The Norton Security Scan Tech Support pop-up is one of them. It claims that your computer is at risk and that you should call the provided technical support number immediately. If you actually do that, you will be contacting the cyber crooks, who will try to sell you bogus software. This may result in not only financial losses, but in malware infections as well. That is why you should get rid of Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus without hesitation.
How to remove Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus?
There are two Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus removal options you can choose from: manual and automatic. If you decide to erase Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus manually, you will have to identify the software that is responsible for the unsafe ads. You can do that with the help of the free scanner presented on our page. Once you identify the program, you can follow the instructions we have prepared below the article and delete Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus manually. Alternatively, you can go with the automatic removal option. It requires you to implement an anti-malware utility. You can use the security tool provided on our site, which will detect all unwanted programs on your PC and eliminate Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus along with them.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Norton Security Scan Tech Support virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus and related programs.
Remove Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Norton Security Scan Tech Support virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.