About NoteHomepage Toolbar
NoteHomepage Toolbar is a browser extension that allows users to make notes while browsing the Internet. Developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc, NoteHomepage Toolbar is also classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware. It is not a malicious computer virus and it does not aim to harm your computer. However, as soon as you install it, the adware will start generating advertisements.
The more ads you are exposed to, the bigger the chances of you clicking on them will be. This is how the adware makes money. You probably installed the adware when you were installing freeware. Adware and other kinds of unwanted programs are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install alongside, unless you manually deselect them. Some adware programs can even expose users to malicious content which could lead to a serious malware infection. This is why it is important that you remove NoteHomepage Toolbar from your system.
Should you delete NoteHomepage Toolbar?
Once you install the adware, it will take over your browsers, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, and start generating advertisements almost immediately. The ads will keep appearing until you uninstall NoteHomepage Toolbar. Those ads could advertise all kinds of things, from shoes to software. When considering clicking on an ad, it is important to remember that adware aims to make money by making you click on ads. Those great deals might not even exists, it could be just a trick to make you press on it. If you are offered to obtain some kind of freeware by a pop-up, do not do it. You could be risking obtaining malware instead of the intended software. If you are in need of a program, use legitimate/reliable websites where secure downloads can be guaranteed. Even if you think that what this extension provides is useful, think carefully whether it is worth putting your computer in danger. We strongly suggest you remove NoteHomepage Toolbar.
In order to correctly install freeware, you must first be aware that free programs come with attached items, like adware or browser hijackers. They are set to install alongside the freeware. In order to install freeware without the added items, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings of the freeware installation. You will clearly see what has been added. If there is something, all you have to do is uncheck the boxes of the added items. This will stop them from installing alongside. If you do not want to end up having to delete NoteHomepage Toolbar or similar again, take our advise to use Advanced seriously.
NoteHomepage Toolbar removal
Depending on how experienced you are with computers, there are two ways to uninstall NoteHomepage Toolbar. You can get credible removal software and have it take care of NoteHomepage Toolbar removal for you or you can erase NoteHomepage Toolbar yourself. The latter option may take more time as you will have to locate the adware yourself. Instructions to help you eliminate NoteHomepage Toolbar will be provided below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove NoteHomepage ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall NoteHomepage Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like NoteHomepage Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall NoteHomepage Toolbar and related programs.
Remove NoteHomepage Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall NoteHomepage Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete NoteHomepage Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove NoteHomepage Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for NoteHomepage Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete NoteHomepage Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase NoteHomepage Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove NoteHomepage Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall NoteHomepage Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable NoteHomepage Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.