What are Notification Helper Ads?
Notification Helper Ads appear on your screen because you have an ad-supported application on your computer. These ads are completely fake. They usually promote tech support scams. Because of the adware you will also see other commercials in your browsers. Keep in mind that switching to a different web browser will not solve your problem because ad-supported programs are usually compatible with all major browsers. Do not interact with any of the ads that are brought to you by the unreliable software. In order to get rid of Notification Helper Ads, you will have to terminate the adware responsible for their appearance.
How does Notification Helper scam work?
Notification Helper Ads may appear on your screen at random. These alerts promote a tech support that can supposedly help you improve your computer performance. If you actually call the presented number, which is supposedly toll free, you will be urged to purchase bogus software. Not only will you waste your time and most likely your money on the call itself, but if you actually agree to acquiring the useless software, you will have to pay $199 for it. Needless to say, you should not follow the instructions of the unreliable alert. What you should do is terminate Notification Helper Ads without hesitation.
As it has already been mentioned, the reason you see this and other suspicious ads all over your browsers is because they are generated by an ad-supported application. Adware travels bundled with other free third part software, so you it is entirely possible that you have not noticed installing it. Once the application gets access to your system, it starts flooding you with all kinds of ads. It does not discriminate between fake and legitimate advertising data. If you want to eliminate Notification Helper Ads and other unsafe commercials from your browsers, you need to uninstall the adware right away.
How to remove Notification Helper Ads?
If you are not sure which program is to blame for the unwanted adverts, you can make use of the free scanner presented on our site. Once you identify the application, you can delete Notification Helper Ads either manually or automatically. If you choose manual Notification Helper Ads removal, you can follow the instructions below. If, however, you decide to erase Notification Helper Ads automatically, the anti-malware tool will help you with that. It will remove all potential threats from your system and make sure that it stays protected in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Notification Helper AdsUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Notification Helper Ads. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Notification Helper Ads and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Notification Helper Ads and related programs.
Remove Notification Helper Ads from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Notification Helper Ads from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Notification Helper Ads from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Notification Helper Ads from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Notification Helper Ads or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Notification Helper Ads from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Notification Helper Ads from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Notification Helper Ads from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Notification Helper Ads from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Notification Helper Ads and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.