What is NTK ransomware?
NTK ransomware is a screen-locking type of ransomware virus that will block you from accessing your computer. When it comes to ransomware, screen lockers are not the most dangerous threats as they do not encrypt files. It merely locks your screen and demands that you pay to unlock it. There is no need to even think about paying as you can just delete NTK ransomware and you computer will be unlocked. You must have picked up this infection when you opened a malicious email attachment or fell for a fake download. There are much more serious threats out there, thus take this as a lesson to be more careful when using the Internet. Remove NTK ransomware.
How does NTK ransomware spread?
Spam email and fake downloads are usually used to distribute these kinds of malicious viruses. Malware specialists have been warning users for a long time not to open email attachments from unfamiliar users without first making sure it is safe to do so. Opening an infected email attachment is all it takes to infect your computer with ransomware. You must always make sure that the attachment does not contain any maliciousness. Look out for signs that something is not right, such as grammatical mistakes in the email, the sender pressuring you to open the email and the use of Dear Customer instead of your name. You can also use a reliable search engine to look into the contents and the sender. In addition, you should only trust reliable sites to provide you with secure downloads, and not some random pop-up.
What does NTK ransomware do?
If you allow NTK ransomware to enter your system, it will immediately lock your screen. NTK ransomware does not encrypt your files, not does it claim to do so. Once your screen is locked, you will be shown a message in French that states that “You got POwned by NTK”. The developer declares that your computer is locked and that you need to contact him/her in order to unlock it. Of course, you would be asked to pay a ransom. When dealing with screen lockers, there is no need to panic as all you have to do to regain access to your computer is get rid of the virus. In the case of NTK ransomware, all you have to do is type in 15s4e56dsjdhfy87 and that will launch another note that will explain how to get rid of the virus. Since it does not encrypt files, there is no need to worry. Delete NTK ransomware and you can go back to normal computer use.
NTK ransomware removal
You will need to acquire trustworthy anti-malware software that will help you take care of NTK ransomware removal. Find the security program that is suitable for your needs, and allow it to remove NTK ransomware. After you unlock your computer, you will be give instructions on how to terminate NTK ransomware. You can use them to erase NTK ransomware but we still suggest anti-malware software.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove NTK ransomwareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall NTK ransomware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like NTK ransomware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete NTK ransomware using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove NTK ransomware from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove NTK ransomware
Remove NTK ransomware from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete NTK ransomware
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete NTK ransomware from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete NTK ransomware from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.