What is Obifind.com?
Obifind.com is a browser hijacker that can infect your computer without you noticing. If you find that your browser has been taken over by Obifind.com, you must have recently installed free software and did not deselect Obifind.com. You probably did not even notice it, which is why when you open your browser and see Obifind.com as your homepage, you might think your system has been infected with malware. A browser hijacker is not malware, as it does not harm your computer. It will merely change your browser’s settings so that you could be redirected to sponsored websites. A browser hijacker acts that way because it wants to generate pay-per-click revenue. While not always the case, a browser hijacker can also sometimes lead users to dangerous pages. If you are not careful, you might eventually end up with malware on your computer. You need to uninstall Obifind.com.
How does Obifind.com spread?
No user would install a browser hijacker knowing what it is. And that is why developers need another way to distribute their products. They attach them to free software that users download from the Internet. If the hijacker goes unnoticed during the freeware installation process, it will install automatically. If you choose Default settings, you will miss Obifind.com, as it will be hiding in Advanced (Custom) settings. All you have to do is choose the latter settings and deselect the added items. Do not rush through the installation process in Default mode, as you will end up having to remove Obifind.com and similar.
Why delete Obifind.com?
Browser hijackers install on your computer and suddenly change browser’s settings. In this case, you will find Obifind.com set as your homepage. It will happen on all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And you will not be able to undo the setting changes, unless you first remove Obifind.com. You might think Obifind.com is useful or it will provide something that will benefit you but we can assure you that it offers nothing of value. The search engine will redirect you to Bing. It would not be surprising if it generated ads or redirects to weird websites so that it could make income. Do not allow a dubious browser hijacker stay on your computer as it could potentially lead you to malware. We recommend you delete Obifind.com.
There are two ways to uninstall Obifind.com, manually and automatically. Obifind.com removal using professional removal software is the quickest way as the program will do everything for you. If, however, you do not want to get the program, you can also erase Obifind.com by hand. This method is more time consuming as you will have to locate Obifind.com yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Obifind.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Obifind.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Obifind.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Obifind.com and related programs.
Remove Obifind.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Obifind.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Obifind.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Obifind.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Obifind.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Obifind.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Obifind.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Obifind.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Obifind.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Obifind.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.