OnlineMapFinder Toolbar Removal Tips
OnlineMapFinder Toolbar is advertised as a useful utility that can provide you with access to Earth map street view, satellite view images, NASA maps, Google Maps, and more. These features along with web search are provided to you on your home page and new tab. If you did not intend to acquire this application, it means that it hijacked your browsers.
However, if you did, now you are most likely realizing that it has more drawbacks than benefits. The software belongs to the infamous Mindspark Inc, which is responsible for a variety of similar apps. We advise that you delete OnlineMapFinder Toolbar from your PC without delay.
You should know that just because OnlineMapFinder Toolbar is not malicious, it does not mean that it will not cause any disturbances. As it has already been mentioned, the program alters your browser settings including your home page, new tab, and default search provider. These settings are replaced by Home.tb.ask.com and Ask Search. Your new home page contains a search box and several quick links to popular sites. Although Ask Search results can be trusted, they will contain lots of sponsored links. In addition to that, you will see various adverts on other visited sites. These adverts could be unreliable, so you should think twice before clicking on them.
OnlineMapFinder also provides you with a toolbar that presents you with such buttons as Map Links, Traffic, Map Search, and others. These links could be useful, however, if you never wanted to acquire this plugin at all, they are completely irrelevant to you. If you are wondering how the toolbar managed to end up in your system, you should remember what free software you have recently installed. Freeware comes with additional offers and if you skip through its installation wizard without paying attention to what you are agreeing to, you will allow unwanted apps to get installed. If you wish to avoid similar issues, you should always decline the optional offers presented during the setup.
How to remove OnlineMapFinder Toolbar?
Luckily, OnlineMapFinder Toolbar removal is not a complex task. You can uninstall OnlineMapFinder Toolbar and edit your browser settings manually or you can have these tasks completed for you by a malware removal tool. We have prepared instructions below this article, in case you decide to delete OnlineMapFinder Toolbar manually. If not, you can download an anti-malware utility from our page and let it scan your PC. The security software will detect all unwanted components and remove OnlineMapFinder Toolbar along with them. There is another advantage to choosing the automatic OnlineMapFinder Toolbar removal option, which is that the anti-malware also functions as a malware prevention tool, so it will keep your computer safeguarded from now on.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove OnlineMapFinder ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall OnlineMapFinder Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like OnlineMapFinder Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall OnlineMapFinder Toolbar and related programs.
Remove OnlineMapFinder Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall OnlineMapFinder Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete OnlineMapFinder Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove OnlineMapFinder Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for OnlineMapFinder Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete OnlineMapFinder Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase OnlineMapFinder Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove OnlineMapFinder Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall OnlineMapFinder Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable OnlineMapFinder Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.