Only-news.org is a browser hijacker that may have entered your computer along with free software. This is not unusual and most hijackers spread this way. When you install free software you need to pay close attention to the process and prevent added items from installing by deselecting them.
Browser hijackers are not usually malicious themselves but they can redirect users to dangerous sites, which could lead to a serious malware infection. In general, hijackers aim to generate traffic for certain pages which is why you are redirected to them. However, they do not filter through the sites it will expose you to, so you may get led to malevolent ones. A malware infection would be a much more serious issue compared to a mere hijacker. We suggest you take the time to uninstall Only-news.org as soon as possible.
How does Only-news.org spread?
All browser hijackers use the same method to spread and that is via software bundles. This means that Only-news.org was attached to some free software you installed. It is set to install alongside the software unless you deselect it during the installation. When you install free software, you need to be attentive and choose Advanced (Custom) settings. You will see all added items there and all you have to do is uncheck the boxes of the added items. This will prevent them from installing. If you rush through the installation process it is not wonder you are stuck with having to remove Only-news.org.
Why delete Only-news.org?
Only-news.org will become your homepage on all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The browser hijacker will change the settings of your browsers and you will not be able to undo them unless you uninstall Only-news.org first. Every time you open your browser, you will be taken to Only-news.org. This will happen until you terminate Only-news.org. The website provides news articles but we suggest you refrain from clicking on any of them as you could be taken to sponsored or even malicious pages. Redirecting to sponsored pages is the main reason Only-news.org exists. It wants to make money by redirecting you. You should stay away from the web page in general because you could be led to malicious pages where malware could be acquired. Remove Only-news.org.
There are two ways to delete Only-news.org, automatically and manually. Manual Only-news.org removal may be very time-consuming as you will have to locate the hijacker yourself. If you want to quickly erase Only-news.org, we suggest you get professional removal software. The program will make sure to eliminate Only-news.org fully so that it cannot renew itself again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Only-news.orgUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Only-news.org. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Only-news.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Only-news.org and related programs.
Remove Only-news.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Only-news.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Only-news.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Only-news.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Only-news.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Only-news.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Only-news.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Only-news.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Only-news.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Only-news.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.