What is Ourstartpage.com?
Ourstartpage.com is a website that provides you with search services. Unfortunately, it also functions as a browser hijacker, so it may take over your browsers without your notice. It is spread online with the help of free third party software. Once inside, it alters your settings and causes other modifications, most of which have to do with generating online traffic. The hijacker inserts ads into your visited sites, reroutes you to its sponsors, and so on. It does not matter which Internet browser you use, because it is compatible with all major browsers. If you want to go back to your preferred settings, you will have to terminate Ourstartpage.com.
How does Ourstartpage.com work?
As far as browser hijackers go, this one actually looks rather trustworthy. It has a search box, search parameters, date and time, and quick access buttons to popular sites like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and others. You can choose from a number of languages by clicking on the More button at the bottom of the page and you can even download the background image by clicking on the Info icon. If you enter a query into the search box, you will get rerouted to Google.com.
At the first sight, it may appear that there is nothing wrong with the hijacker, however, you will also notice that after the its arrival, the amount of the advertising data that you see online has dramatically increased. You will see adverts no matter which sites you choose to visit. You may also experience redirects to pages that are unfamiliar to you. These activities will certainly slow down your online surfing speed. Your PC’s performance may be slower than usual as well. If you wish to get rid of these symptoms, you will have to delete Ourstartpage.com along with its related ad-supported application.
How to remove Ourstartpage.com?
You can remove Ourstartpage.com from your browsers manually or automatically. Automatic removal is the more effective way to go, because it will allow you to erase Ourstartpage.com and other unwanted files and programs present on your PC. You can download the utility from our site and use it to clean your system. You should know that the anti-malware also comes with real-time online protection, so it will stay useful to you in the future. Alternatively, you can eliminate Ourstartpage.com manually by uninstalling its related software and editing your browser settings. If you choose this option, you are welcome to use the instructions presented in the manual Ourstartpage.com removal guide below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Ourstartpage.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Ourstartpage.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Ourstartpage.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Ourstartpage.com and related programs.
Remove Ourstartpage.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Ourstartpage.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Ourstartpage.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Ourstartpage.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Ourstartpage.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Ourstartpage.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Ourstartpage.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Ourstartpage.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Ourstartpage.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Ourstartpage.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.