What is Packageho.me?
Packageho.me is promoted as a package tracking tool that can provide you with relevant information about your orders. What its advertisement fails to mention is that it also functions as a browser hijacker and adware. Once installed onto a computer, it alters the installed browser settings, not to mention that it adds commercial data onto all pages that you visit. The hijacker is clearly aimed at earning revenue for its creators by promoting various sponsors. As that does not benefit you in any way, you should waste no time and terminate Packageho.me right away.
How does Packageho.me work?
Packageho.me appears on the computer after you install some other software on it. The potentially unwanted app uses the bundling distribution method, which means that it slithers into computer systems in a freeware or shareware bundle. The hijacker modifies your browser preferences including your home page and default search provider. Your settings get switched to Packageho.me. The site itself may not differ much from other search domains, but it serves to provide you with sponsored links in your search results.
Other symptoms of the hijacker include tracking your cookies and inserting adverts into all pages that you go to. Tracking cookies are used to collect information about your online habits. This information can be analyzed and used to generate ads that seem to be relevant to you. None of the adverts are monitored by the hijacker’s owners, so they may be unreliable. Interacting with them is not completely safe. You could end up on a corrupted site and risk falling for a scam like downloading bogus software, purchasing non-existent products, and so on. There is no reason to put your PC at such risk by keeping a completely unnecessary program on it. That is why we suggest that you terminate Packageho.me as soon as you can.
How to remove Packageho.me?
There are two Packageho.me removal methods you can select from: manual and automatic. Manual removal can be completed by uninstalling the potentially unwanted application from your system and restoring your browser settings afterwards. If you follow the instructions provided below the article, you should be able to delete Packageho.me without much difficulty. The alternative, more reliable option is to erase Packageho.me automatically. You can implement the malware remover from our webpage, which will scan your computer, detect all issues, and eliminate Packageho.me completely. In addition to that, the anti-malware will also keep your PC protected from future infections that you may encounter while surfing the Internet.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Packageho.meUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Packageho.me. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Packageho.me and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Packageho.me and related programs.
Remove Packageho.me from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Packageho.me from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Packageho.me from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Packageho.me from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Packageho.me or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Packageho.me from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Packageho.me from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Packageho.me from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Packageho.me from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Packageho.me and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.