PadCrypt Virus Removal Tips
PadCrypt Virus is a ransomware infection that may infiltrate your computer without your notice. It spreads online via spam emails with malign attachments that look like PDF files. These files are actually ZIP archives that contain malicious executables. After successful infiltration, the harmful application starts encrypting your files.
It corrupts your data making it inaccessible to you and then presents you with a way to regain access to it. Needless to say, it is not free. We do not recommend wasting your money on the cyber crooks. Instead, you should delete PadCrypt Virus from your PC as soon as you can.
How does PadCrypt Virus work?
PadCrypt Virus encrypts all files regardless of their formats. The list of the folders that it targets includes Downloads, Documents, Pictures, and some others on the C: drive. Once it is done with this drive, it moves on to other drives and folders. The parasite corrupts all data, except for the system files. It also deletes your Shadow Volume Copies, so you cannot recover your data with Shadow Explorer. All encoded files have the .padcrypt extension added to them.
As soon as the malware finishes the encryption process, it adds the IMPORTANT READ ME.txt file to your desktop. This file contains the ransom note. The notification states that your files, documents, photos, videos, etc. have been encoded with the AES encryption. It also informs you of the fact that the only way to get your files back is by paying the ransom. The demanded amount is 0.7 Bitcoin, which is about $465 at the moment. The payment must be made via PaySafeCard or Ukash within 96 hours. The malicious program threatens to destroy the decryption key, if you fail to follow these instructions. We advise strongly against transferring the money to the cyber criminals. The sooner you uninstall PadCrypt Virus, the sooner you can move on to recovering your data in other ways.
How to remove PadCrypt Virus?
You can terminate PadCrypt Virus with the help of the powerful anti-malware utility presented on our website. It can remove PadCrypt Virus and other malicious threats from your PC without any difficulty. Once you acquire the malware remover, it will scan your system and detect all harmful components of the infection. It will then delete PadCrypt Virus and other dangerous files and programs that it detects. In addition to PadCrypt Virus removal, the utility will also help you keep your computer protected from online parasites as long as it stays installed. Unfortunately, there is no sure way to restore your files at the moment, unless you have them backed up. However, you can try free decryption tools available on the Internet.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove PadCrypt VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall PadCrypt Virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like PadCrypt Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall PadCrypt Virus and related programs.
Remove PadCrypt Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall PadCrypt Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete PadCrypt Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove PadCrypt Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for PadCrypt Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete PadCrypt Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase PadCrypt Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove PadCrypt Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall PadCrypt Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable PadCrypt Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.