PConverter Toolbar Removal Guide (Delete PConverter Toolbar)
PConverter Toolbar is a potentially unwanted program that belongs to Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. It is promoted on its official site as a free file converter that supports 40 file types including documents, images, audio files, video files, and more.
You should know, however, that the official webpage of the application, pconverter.com, is listed as potentially dangerous. It does not provide a download link, which means that the toolbar travels bundled in free software bundles. We suggest that you waste no time and delete PConverter Toolbar from your computer right away.
PConverter Toolbar is very similar to other Mindspark applications that all offer limited functionality and are actually aimed at promoting their sponsors. Once you install the program, it gets added to your browsers as a toolbar, which appears below the address bar. It contains various quick access buttons like Convert Files, Share via Email, Settings, and others. It also has a search box powered by Ask. The toolbar will appear in your browsers at all times. It may also alter your browser settings including your home page, new tab, and default search provider. These settings are replaced with home.tb.ask.com, which contains a search box and quick links to popular websites, and Ask Search. If you search the Web using this engine, you will be presented with relevant results as well as sponsored ads and links.
Before you terminate PConverter Toolbar, you should know how it ended up in your system. It is most likely that the toolbar got installed onto your computer together with other freeware. Free software is often accompanied by potentially unwanted programs that are presented as optional offers. You can decline these offers. In order to do so, you need to choose Advanced or Custom installation mode and deselect all unfamiliar components. If you do that, you will be able to install only the software that you actually need.
How to remove PConverter Toolbar?
If you want to remove PConverter Toolbar from your browsers, you can do that manually or automatically. Manual PConverter Toolbar removal is somewhat complicated, but if you follow the instructions presented below the article, you should not have any difficulties with it. First, you will need to uninstall PConverter Toolbar from your computer, and then delete it from your browser extensions. Finally, if you wish to get rid of Ask Search, you will have to edit your home page and default search provider. All of these tasks will be completed for you, if you choose automatic PConverter Toolbar removal instead. Download the anti-malware tool from our site and let it take care of your system. Not only will the utility clean your computer, but it will also protect you from other online infections you may encounter while browsing the Web.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove PConverter ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall PConverter Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like PConverter Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall PConverter Toolbar and related programs.
Remove PConverter Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall PConverter Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete PConverter Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove PConverter Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for PConverter Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete PConverter Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase PConverter Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove PConverter Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall PConverter Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable PConverter Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.