About this infection
PDF Convert Tools Toolbar is a questionable browser extension and a browser hijacker. It’s advertised as a tool that will help you convert files to different formats, but it will also change your browser’s settings. The changes to your browser can be especially annoying if you did not install the extension yourself, which could be the case. Browser hijackers are often attached to free programs and install alongside. If you want to prevent them from doing so, you will have to pay attention to how you install programs. We will explain the process in the following paragraph.
This is not a malicious extension, nor should it be referred to as a virus, because it’s not. It’s a very minor infection by itself and aims to redirect you to sponsored websites in order to make revenue for site owners. Owners employ the hijackers for that reason. Those redirects will be done via search results provided by the hijacker’s search engine. Some of the results could even lead to malicious sites, which could result in a serious infection. There are more reliable tools out there doing the same thing, thus you should remove PDF Convert Tools Toolbar, or at least consider it.
How to avoid browser hijackers?
If you want to prevent hijacker infections, you will need to pay attention to how you install programs because the free ones often come with extra offers. In order to prevent them from installing alongside, you will need to deselect them. When you install a program, make sure you read the information provided and choose Advanced or Custom when available, instead of Default. Advanced will show you the added offers, and you will be able to deselect them. All you need to do is uncheck the boxes, after which you can continue installing the program. Default settings will hide the items, which is why they are not recommended to use when Advanced is available.
Should you delete PDF Convert Tools Toolbar?
As soon as it enters your computer, the hijacker will change your browser’s settings. You will have a new homepage on your browser, whether you are using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Whenever you open your browser, you will be led to search.myway.com, and you will be unable to change this until you uninstall PDF Convert Tools Toolbar. Hijackers employ special tools so that you are unable to reverse their performed changes. The website will host quick links to tools that convert files, in addition to shortcuts to websites such as Gmail, Yahoo, Facebook, YouTube. Those tools and sites are not difficult to access without a questionable tool, so consider carefully whether you actually need it.
There will also be a search engine provided on the site, which we don’t recommend using. Hijackers are employed by website owners to direct traffic for their sites, and hijackers do this by inserting the sponsored content in the search results of their search engine. You should be able to notice the sponsored results rather easily as they will have little to do with what you were searching for. Some of them may also be dangerous to click on, as they could lead to malware infections, which could enter without you even noticing. The hijacker could also be collecting information about you and your browsing habits, what sites you visit, your search queries and your IP address.
PDF Convert Tools Toolbar removal
You have two options when it comes to eliminating browser hijackers. You can choose to obtain anti-spyware software and have it take care of everything. This is an easier method for users who have relatively little experience when it comes to computers. If you would prefer to do it yourself, you will have to find the infection yourself, but you are welcome to use the below provided instructions to help you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove PDF Convert Tools ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall PDF Convert Tools Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like PDF Convert Tools Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall PDF Convert Tools Toolbar and related programs.
Remove PDF Convert Tools Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall PDF Convert Tools Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete PDF Convert Tools Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove PDF Convert Tools Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for PDF Convert Tools Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete PDF Convert Tools Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase PDF Convert Tools Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove PDF Convert Tools Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall PDF Convert Tools Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable PDF Convert Tools Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.