What is Planktab.com?
Planktab.com is known as a browser hijacker for a reason. Once this annoying application finds your data machine, Planktab.com will modify one of your web browsers’ settings. In most cases, Planktab.com infection is capable of changing all of your internet surfers’ settings. Hence, it does not really matter whether you are a Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox user, you may still find Planktab.com set as your homepage.
At first, Planktab.com might just seem like another search engine. However, you should not trust this application. There are many trustworthy search engines that you can use, for instance, Google, Bing or Yahoo. Planktab.com does not even deserve staying in your computer. It is only a fake search engine that may lead you to the weird side of the Web. In case you want to delete Planktab.com as soon as possible, you will find useful information at the very end of this article.
Why Planktab.com removal is so important?
If you do not uninstall Planktab.com soon, your computer will most probably be filled with all kinds of commercial material. These irritating ads can definitely slow down your PC’s work. We would also like to note that your computer will become even more vulnerable to the other threats. Planktab.com will try to promote as many advertisements as possible. For this reason it may become extremely difficult not to click on the suspicious ads. Another thing that you should know is that most of the search results on Planktab.com are fake. You should not trust this search engine and delete Planktab.com without hesitation.
Have you ever had to face an identity theft? By keeping the browser hijacker in your data machine, you are exposing yourself to a risk of dealing with one. Planktab.com gathers information about your web surfing activities. The data may be later sold to third parties. You should not let the browser hijacker to earn money from your sensitive information.
How to remove Planktab.com from my computer’s system?
Without Planktab.com removal, you may have to face serious computer issues. Therefore, you should not wait any longer and delete Planktab.com without hesitation. The best way to remove Planktab.com once and for all from your PC is to implement a reputable malware removal tool. Your security program will find and get rid of Planktab.com and other unwanted applications immediately. In addition to that, you will not have to worry about similar issues in the future.
However, if you do not want to get a new antispyware program you can try to delete Planktab.com yourself. The manual Planktab.com removal can be tricky because the hijacker gets to your computer together with other suspicious programs. Hence, in order to delete Planktab.com permanently, you will need to find all the annoying applications that have reached your PC together with the hijacker. Even if you leave only one infection in the data machine, Planktab.com may easily find a way back to your computer.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Planktab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Planktab.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Planktab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Planktab.com and related programs.
Remove Planktab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Planktab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Planktab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Planktab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Planktab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Planktab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Planktab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Planktab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Planktab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Planktab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.