What is Play-Bar.net?
Play-Bar.net is a yet another Imali Media browser hijacker that enters your PC with its extension, TopSafe Tab. The hijacker affects all popular web browsers including Mozilla, Google Chrome, IE, and others. Its main aim is to generate web traffic as that is how it earns revenue for Imali. The hijacker not only alters browser settings, but also makes other modifications like inserting a layer of ads into your favorite pages, redirecting you to its sponsor domains, tracking your cookies, and more. If you wish to return to your previous settings and get rid of the other unnecessary changes, you will have to terminate Play-Bar.net.
How does Play-Bar.net work?
When you download software from third party software hosting webpages like soft32.com, softonic.com, cnet.com, filewin.com, and similar, you are likely to acquire additional apps. During the installation process, you are presented with optional offers, which are pre-selected. You should decline these offers, because they promote potentially unwanted applications. These applications may be advertised as useful tools, but their main goal is to monetize the free services. There is no point in allowing them to access your PC. Make sure that the next time you install freeware, you choose the Advanced mode and deselect all unnecessary components.
Once inside, TopSafe Tab changes your home page and default search engine to Play-Bar.net. This site presents you with a search box and such quick access buttons as Scan PC, Test Internet Speed, Scan Link, and Scan File. Please note that the first button reroutes you to winfixprofessionals.com, a dangerous website that is blocked by reputable security programs. It is clear that you cannot keep Play-Bar.net as your home page as it contains links to unsafe pages. We advise that you waste no time and eliminate Play-Bar.net from your browsers right away.
How to remove Play-Bar.net?
You can get rid of Play-Bar.net by using one of the two following methods: manual or automatic removal. If you choose to delete Play-Bar.net manually, you will have to uninstall TopSafe Tab and then alter your browser settings. We have prepared step-by-step instructions for you below the article. If, on the other hand, you decide to go with the more reliable solution, i.e. automatic Play-Bar.net removal, you will need an anti-malware utility. The security software will scan your computer and detect all threats. It will erase Play-Bar.net and other found issues. It will also keep your PC safeguarded from other online infections that you may encounter in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Play-Bar.net VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Play-Bar.net Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Play-Bar.net Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Play-Bar.net Virus and related programs.
Remove Play-Bar.net Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Play-Bar.net Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Play-Bar.net Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Play-Bar.net Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Play-Bar.net Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Play-Bar.net Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Play-Bar.net Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Play-Bar.net Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Play-Bar.net Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Play-Bar.net Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- how to remove play bar windows x
- kaspersky playbar
- PLAY BAR FREE REMOVAL
- play-bar net virus remove with kaspersky
- what is playbar net?
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.