Playbar.biz is a browser hijacker that can enter computers silently. It’s not a virus and will not directly harm your computer, but it can still bring trouble. Playbar.biz usually enters computer via freeware and when it does, it might alter certain browser’s settings. It will redirect you to sponsored websites to generate traffic but it could also lead you to dangerous domains and you might end up with serious malware on your computer. This, and the fact that Playbar.biz might gather information about you, is rather worrying. So as not to put your computer and your privacy in danger, we suggest you remove Playbar.biz.
How does Playbar.biz infect computers?
Playbar.biz is attached as an additional item to freeware, and it’s not the only thing that can do that. Adware, other browser hijackers and many different kinds of potentially unwanted applications also spread this way. If you installed Playbar.biz, that means you do not know how to protect yourself from such unwanted items. When you install freeware, you need to use Advanced settings. Those additional items are hidden there so if you use Default, you will not notice them. In Advanced settings, you will be able to deselect them and they will not install. If you did install it, you need to delete Playbar.biz.
Why must I uninstall Playbar.biz?
Playbar.biz can hijack all major browsers, including, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari. It will alter certain settings and set its domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. The websites itself seems pretty normal. You can change the color of the background, you can see the weather in your city and there is a game section, as well. But, the search engine is rather worrying. First of all, if you try to look for something, you will be redirected to search.safefinder.com, which is another browser hijacker. Your anti-virus might also block access to it because search.safefinder.com has potentially unwanted content. That is a big red flag and something might be wrong. The search engine will insert loads of sponsored content into the results and redirect you to weird websites. Those weird websites could be dangerous and even in Playbar.biz Terms and Services, it clearly states that you could be exposed to websites with “offensive and objectionable content or which may contain dangerous computer viruses”. Playbar.biz claims no responsibility if that were to happen. Playbar.biz does not sound like a trustworthy search engine, so we suggest you delete Playbar.biz as soon as possible.
You can manually uninstall Playbar.biz but you might struggle, as it is difficult to determine what exactly needs to be deleted. You should allow anti-malware software to take care of Playbar.biz removal. Instructions on how to remove Playbar.biz will be provided.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Playbar.bizUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Playbar.biz. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Playbar.biz and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Playbar.biz and related programs.
Remove Playbar.biz from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Playbar.biz from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Playbar.biz from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Playbar.biz from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Playbar.biz or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Playbar.biz from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Playbar.biz from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Playbar.biz from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Playbar.biz from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Playbar.biz and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.