What is Plugin Button Extension?
Plugin Button Extension is an untrustworthy Google Chrome extension that might be installed on your browser one day without your permission. It is advertised as a tool for accessing easily browser plugins, but ordinary users rarely find this extension useful because it only places a button at the top that should enable users to open the list of plugins with a single click.
We cannot say anything very positive about Plugin Button Extension itself as well. It has turned out that it acts in an undesirable way on users’ computers. If you do not like how it works either, you have a right to uninstall Plugin Button Extension whenever you want to. This extension is not malicious application, but we still recommend taking action only when you read this text till its final sentence.
Where does Plugin Button Extension come from?
There are two major reasons Plugin Button Extension is called a malicious extension. First, it can change browsers’ settings. If this ever happens, it is very likely that you will see your homepage and default search provider changed. Malware experts also say that Plugin Button Extension might start generating commercial advertisements. Most probably, these advertisements will be pop-ups, but you might see other types of ads on your screen either. Clicking on these ads might have disastrous outcomes, for example, you might be taken to a page full of malicious applications. They will not miss a chance to infiltrate your computer. Do not let malware show up on your system – delete Plugin Button Extension today. You must implement the Plugin Button Extension removal as soon as possible also because it might become a threat to your privacy. According to some researchers, it might try to steal all kinds of information about you. This does not immediately result in problems. Problems usually emerge when the collected data is sold to cyber criminals.
How did Plugin Button Extension enter my computer?
You could have installed Plugin Button Extension on the system yourself, but it is more likely that you do not know about the entrance of this malicious extension because you are looking for answers to your questions by reading this article. Our experts agree that this extension usually arrives on computers without the users’ knowledge. According to them, it usually comes bundled with freeware or shareware. If you are one of those users who download free software from the web periodically, install security software because it is only a question of time when another harmful infection enters your system.
How do I remove Plugin Button Extension?
You should go to delete Plugin Button Extension from your browser as soon as possible because it can only bring a number of problems. There are two ways to get rid of the undesirable extension. Specifically speaking, you can remove Plugin Button Extension either manually or automatically. If you have not deleted many applications from your PC yet, we would recommend erasing this Google Chrome extension automatically. A single scan with an automated malware remover and you will be sure that it is gone. Use only a reliable scanner for the Plugin Button Extension removal!
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Plugins Button ExtensionUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Plugins Button Extension. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Plugins Button Extension and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Plugins Button Extension and related programs.
Remove Plugins Button Extension from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Plugins Button Extension from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Plugins Button Extension from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Plugins Button Extension from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Plugins Button Extension or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Plugins Button Extension from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Plugins Button Extension from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Plugins Button Extension from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Plugins Button Extension from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Plugins Button Extension and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.