About Popcorn Time
Popcorn Time is an application that allows you to watch films for free. It’s also considered to be adware. The Internet is full of users who question whether Popcorn Time is safe to use or not and we have to say that it’s better that you do not have it on your computer. There are multiple websites where you can download Popcorn Time but in case you do not remember doing that, it might have infected your computer when you installed freeware. While it’s not a malicious computer virus and will not directly harm your computer, it can expose you to dangerous websites, which in turn can expose you to malware. While Popcorn Time does seem like a very useful program for those not willing to pay for films, we strongly suggest you uninstall Popcorn Time.
How does it work and why should I delete Popcorn Time?
Since Popcorn Time is a legitimate application, it has an official website where you can download it. If you have not done that, then it must have entered your computer via software bundles. It’s attached to free software as an optional item but if you use Default settings during freeware installation, it will install automatically. We suggest you always use Advanced or Custom settings because they allow you to view and deselect added items. Although you cannot get a computer virus this way, you can infect your computer with browser hijackers, adware and other kinds of potentially unwanted items. If you want to control what gets into your computer, always use Advanced settings.
Popcorn Time allows you to watch films for free. We’re not going to discuss the legality of it all but we suggest you think twice about allowing Popcorn Time onto your computer. The adware will attach itself to your browser (such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox) and expose you to loads of ads. They will follow you everywhere unless you remove Popcorn Time adware. Adware is not very dangerous but its actions are still very annoying. First of all, it will slow down your computer and make your browser crash more often. It puts a strain on your computer, so if your computer is slower than usual, you have an adware application on your computer. Adware can expose you to dangerous domains and if you were to enter one, you could accidentally download malware onto your computer. Which is why suggest you eliminate Popcorn Time adware.
Popcorn Time removal
You should be able to quickly delete Popcorn Time using anti-malware software. If you do not have it, you can uninstall Popcorn Time manually. You will need to locate and remove Popcorn Time related applications, including the freeware yourself. Follow our provided Popcorn Time removal guide to fully erase Popcorn Time adware.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Popcorn TimeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Popcorn Time. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Popcorn Time and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Popcorn Time and related programs.
Remove Popcorn Time from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Popcorn Time from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Popcorn Time from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Popcorn Time from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Popcorn Time or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Popcorn Time from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Popcorn Time from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Popcorn Time from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Popcorn Time from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Popcorn Time and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.