PowerfulSearch.net is a browser hijacker, promoting a suspicious search engine. It would be a decent tool if not for the fact that it enters your computer using freeware bundles and fills your search results with advertisements. If you suddenly find this hijacker on your computer and have no recollection of installing it, you may want to review how you install free software. You must have missed PowerfulSearch.net being attached and that is why you have it on your system now.
Hijackers are not malicious computer infections, albeit they are annoying. Some of the provided search engine results could also be not safe, and you not taking care of PowerfulSearch.net removal could lead to a malware infection. In the end, it is your choice whether to delete PowerfulSearch.net or not, and we understand why you’d want to keep it as the background of the page is quite captivating. However, it is better to be safe than sorry.
Why should you uninstall PowerfulSearch.net?
When a hijacker enters a computer, it immediately changes browser’s settings and sets itself as your homepage and new tabs. In the case of this hijacker, PowerfulSearch.net will be set. The setting modifications are performed without your consent and cannot be undone unless you first remove PowerfulSearch.net from the computer. We have to admit, the website itself looks quite nice. It has an animated background of space and a search bar. The search engine is not exactly reliable, however. When you search for something, you will be shown sponsored content mixed in among the legitimate results. Pressing on those sites is not recommended and not useful. Hijackers aim to redirect you to sponsored sites but they have nothing to do with what you search for, thus are irrelevant to you. Some might even be malicious and you could accidentally infect your computer with serious malware. We strongly suggest you delete PowerfulSearch.net.
How does a browser hijacker invade a computer?
They are usually attached to free software as optional extra offers. We say optional but you’d need to manually deselect them to prevent their installation. Usually, when users install free programs, they use Default settings. This is a big mistake as no extra items will be shown in those settings. And if you proceed to install freeware without deselecting extra offers, they will be authorized to install alongside. In order to deselect them, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings. Everything that has been added will become visible there and you will be allowed to deselect it/them. Make sure to always use those settings, unless you enjoy having to uninstall PowerfulSearch.net or similar threats constantly.
If you’re still reading, you now have a decision to make. If you choose to remove PowerfulSearch.net manually, you will have to locate the hijacker yourself, which could be tricky as hijackers are hiding. You can also erase PowerfulSearch.net automatically and that is the easier option but you will have to obtain reliable anti-spyware software.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove PowerfulSearch.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall PowerfulSearch.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like PowerfulSearch.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall PowerfulSearch.net and related programs.
Remove PowerfulSearch.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall PowerfulSearch.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete PowerfulSearch.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove PowerfulSearch.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for PowerfulSearch.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete PowerfulSearch.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase PowerfulSearch.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove PowerfulSearch.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall PowerfulSearch.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable PowerfulSearch.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.