Privatesearch.net Removal Guide (Uninstall Privatesearch.net)
Privatesearch.net is a search engine that is promoted as a way to search the Web anonymously. Unfortunately, it also functions as a browser hijacker and it may infiltrate your browsers without your notice. The hijacker belongs to Link64 GmbH, Karsruhe and gets distributed through free software bundles. If you do not pay close attention to freeware’s installation wizard, you can install potentially unwanted programs unwittingly.
These programs are rarely useful in any way. The hijacker is no different. Its main purpose is boost web traffic by exposing you to various ads. If you want to get rid of them, you will have to delete Privatesearch.net.
The hijacker sets Privatesearch.net as your home page and default search engine. The site contains a search box and not much else. The results that will be shown to you, if you make use of this search box, should not be trusted blindly as they may include sponsored links. You will see advertising content on other pages that you visit as well. The hijacker will flood you with banners, coupons, pop-ups, and other ads that will not only slow down your surfing speed, but also expose you to virtual scams.
Not all adverts presented to you in your browsers are safe. Some of them will lead you to corrupted pages aimed at tricking you into downloading potentially unwanted or even malicious apps, wasting your money, sharing your private details, and so on. You should avoid clicking on all ads until you remove Privatesearch.net to avoid having to deal with any of these scams. If you terminate Privatesearch.net, you will improve your online safety level and return your browsers back to normal. We advise that you do that as soon as you can.
How to remove Privatesearch.net?
Privatesearch.net removal can be completed in one of two ways: manually or automatically. We suggest that you go with automatic removal option, because it is more beneficial. If you acquire the anti-malware tool from our website, you will be able to use it to scan your system. The utility will detect all unwanted components and eliminate Privatesearch.net along with them. In addition to that, the security software will also shield your computer from other infections you may catch while browsing the Web. Alternatively, you can go with the first option, i.e. manual removal. In order to delete Privatesearch.net manually, you will have to uninstall its related application and fix your browser settings. You can do that with the help of the instructions presented below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Privatesearch.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Privatesearch.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Privatesearch.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Privatesearch.net and related programs.
Remove Privatesearch.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Privatesearch.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Privatesearch.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Privatesearch.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Privatesearch.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Privatesearch.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Privatesearch.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Privatesearch.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Privatesearch.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Privatesearch.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.