What is Pro Opener?
Pro Opener is an application that allows users to open all kinds of documents, audio and video files, pictures, and text files. It really seems to be a trustworthy application, so users do not hurry to get rid of it. The application is not extremely harmful, but we do not recommend keeping it installed on the computer if you wish to feel safe because it is known to be a potentially unwanted program. It means that it might act in an undesirable way. Also, it might enter computers without permission as well. If this has happened to you too, you should delete Pro Opener right now. Fortunately, the deletion of potentially unwanted programs is not difficult, but we still suggest reading this article carefully and only then removing Pro Opener.
What does Pro Opener do?
Pro Opener should be a useful program for opening different data. We do not say that it does not act like that; however, we are sure that this application might start acting in an undesirable way too. There are several users’ complaints on the web saying that they have started seeing commercials after installing Pro Opener. If you see them too, it is very likely that they are shown by Pro Opener. Do not click on any of them because you might be taken to another bad website and allow undesirable software to enter your computer. We know that these ads might be very annoying too, so if you suspect that Pro Opener displays them, it would be better to remove Pro Opener fully. There are so many programs for opening files available, so you will definitely find what to install instead of Pro Opener.
Pro Opener is called a potentially unwanted program because of the way it is distributed too. Researchers have noticed that it might bundle with third-party software, which means that it might come together with other applications and all of them will be installed alongside Pro Opener. This might explain why you see ads after the installation of Pro Opener too – this PUP could have installed an ad-supported program on your computer too. Legitimate programs do not bundle third-party software, we suggest that you uninstall Pro Opener right now. Pro Opener is definitely not the only PUP that you can get from the web, so we want to encourage you to be careful if you do not want to delete Pro Opener or a similar application once again.
How can I remove Pro Opener from my system?
It is usually rather easy to erase potentially unwanted programs. In most cases, they can be deleted via Control Panel. If you cannot find the entry of this program there, you should go straight for the automatic Pro Opener removal. Only trustworthy tools can erase undesirable software, so acquire a good tool to implement the full Pro Opener removal. A good tool will also ensure the system’s safety, which means that another potentially unwanted program will not enter your PC ever again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Pro OpenerUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Pro Opener. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Pro Opener and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Pro Opener and related programs.
Remove Pro Opener from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Pro Opener from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Pro Opener from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Pro Opener from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Pro Opener or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Pro Opener from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Pro Opener from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Pro Opener from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Pro Opener from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Pro Opener and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.