What is prof2you?
prof2you is the name of the folder that will appear on your computer if your browser has been infected with the nuesearch.com browser hijacker. Users get infected with browser hijackers via software bundles because they carelessly rush through the installation processes without paying attention. You will be glad to know, however, that browser hijackers are not malicious computer viruses. They do not pose danger to your computer directly as that is not their purpose. However, they make unwanted changes to your browsers and attempt to redirect you to sponsored web pages in order to generate traffic. It should also be mentioned that browser hijackers can lead users to unreliable websites where malware could be obtained accidentally. In order to delete prof2you, you need to get rid of the browser hijacker.
Should you remove prof2you and related browser hijacker?
In order to avoid installing browser hijackers onto your computer, you need to understand how they spread. It happens via software bundles, when additional items, like a browser hijacker or adware are attached to software. This allows them to install automatically along with the free software if the user does not deselect them. This can only be done in Advanced (Custom) settings of the freeware installation process. In those settings, you will be able to deselect all added items and will not have to worry about having to remove prof2you. If you choose Default settings, however, you are essentially allowing the added items to install automatically.
If your browser has been hijacked by nuesearch.com, a folder named prof2you will appear on your system. nuesearch.com should be able to take control over all major browsers so do no be surprised if your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers are hijacked. If that were to happen, your home page and new tabs would be set to nuesearch.com. It looks like a legitimate search engine but all it does is redirect you to Google.com. Evidently, there is not much use in using nuesearch.com as you can just go to Google. nuesearch.com also seems to collect information about you. It could have access to your web and search histories, IP addresses, etc. It is not personal information but do you want any kind of data about you to end up in the wrong hands. That data could even be sold to third-parties who would use it for their own purposes. Never allow browser hijackers to remain on your computer. You need to delete prof2you and nuesearch.com.
In order to be able to erase prof2you, you need to uninstall nuesearch.com. You can do so by obtaining a professional removal tool and allowing it eliminate prof2you and nuesearch.com. You can also take care of prof2you removal manually but that would mean you would need to locate the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove prof2youUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall prof2you. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like prof2you and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall prof2you and related programs.
Remove prof2you from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall prof2you from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete prof2you from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove prof2you from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for prof2you or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete prof2you from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase prof2you from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove prof2you from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall prof2you from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable prof2you and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.