About this threat
putlocker.rs is a dubious website that may have been set as your homepage by a browser hijacker. If it keeps loading whenever you open your browser, you should check your computer for hijackers or other kinds of potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). The website is used for streaming films and TV shows and is one of many domains used by the people behind the streaming service.
The website is not malicious itself but it does host a lot of pop-up advertisements, which could end up damaging your computer. The pop-up advertisements could be promoting malicious software or leading you to some scams so do not engage with them, instead, close them as they appear. We cannot recommend you use the streaming service and strongly suggest you uninstall putlocker.rs.
How could it have become your homepage?
There is a high possibility that you have a browser hijacker or adware installed on your computer. If that is indeed that case, then you must have recently installed free software and did not notice that it had additional offers attached to it. When you install freeware, it’s important that you pay attention to the whole process and make sure to deselect everything that has been added. This is done in Advanced or Custom settings. Access Advanced and in addition to being able to see what has been adjoined, you will also have the option of deselecting everything. Make sure you uncheck all the boxes so that you do not end up with any unnecessary programs on your system.
Why delete putlocker.rs?
The web page might become your homepage and new tabs on various different browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If you find that that has occurred, there is no use trying to alter the settings back. They will just be changed again. This will keep happening until you remove putlocker.rs threat from the system. The website allows you to watch films and TV shows online. It’s a free streaming service which means that it needs advertisements to support itself. You may be able to watch something without paying for it, but your computer could be put in danger. Those pop-up ads that will appear are not exactly safe. Your could be promoted to install some kind of software or be exposed to a tech-support scam. One thing to remember in these situations is that you should never download anything from unreliable sources. Only trust legitimate/official pages to provide you secure downloads. Otherwise, you are putting your computer in danger. We strongly suggest you do not engage with it and uninstall putlocker.rs.
You will probably need to obtain professional removal software to delete putlocker.rs from the system. Those kinds of programs are designed to locate and remove putlocker.rs or similar threats so it would be the best option for you. You can try manual putlocker.rs removal but you will need to find the threat that is causing those redirects yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Putlocker.rsUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Putlocker.rs. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Putlocker.rs and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Putlocker.rs and related programs.
Remove Putlocker.rs from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Putlocker.rs from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Putlocker.rs from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Putlocker.rs from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Putlocker.rs or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Putlocker.rs from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Putlocker.rs from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Putlocker.rs from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Putlocker.rs from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Putlocker.rs and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- putlocjer rs
- potlocker rs
- put locker rs
- chrome putlocker rs
- putlocket rs
- putlocker rs no virus
- putlocker r s
- putlock rs
- www putlocker rs
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.