Qip.ru Removal Tips (Uninstall Qip.ru)
Qip.ru is a Russian browser hijacker that may replace your browser settings after you install QIP IM onto your computer. QIP IM is a free application that allows you to chat with your friends online. It also features audio and video calls and the possibility to send short messages.
This program is promoted at welcome.qip.ru/im. Like the hijacker, it is targeted towards computer users who speak Russian. The software is classified as potentially unwanted, because in addition to using its official page as a distribution method, it also spreads in freeware bundles. If you want to delete Qip.ru, you will also have to uninstall the program that entered your system with it.
Qip.ru usually enters your computer together with QIP IM, however, it may get installed along with other QIP software as well like QIP Surf, which is a Chromium based browser, or QIP Shot, which is an app that allows you to capture, edit, and share screenshots. Regardless of which one of these programs you have got on your PC, unless you downloaded it from the official page, the application has entered your computer through a free software bundle. You should be more careful with freeware installation as it often comes with additional offers. These offers include potentially unwanted programs and browser hijackers. Make sure that you avoid them in the future.
The main symptom of the hijacker is that it switches your home page and default search provider to Qip.ru. The site contains a search box and various links to articles, videos, games, and more. The articles are divided into such categories as Politics, Sports, Economics, Social, and others. The page also presents you with suspicious ads. We advise against clicking on them. If you make use of search box that appears at the top of the page, you will get rerouted to search.qip.ru. Although the hijacker may provide you with some useful features, it still lowers your online security level and slows down your browsing speed. Therefore, it would be best to terminate Qip.ru without hesitation.
How to remove Qip.ru?
You can eliminate Qip.ru from your browsers manually or automatically. If you choose manual Qip.ru removal, you will have to uninstall its related software and reset your browsers. You may also need to modify certain key values switching their data from Qip.ru to Google.com or another reliable page in order to remove Qip.ru from Internet Explorer. This can be done by tapping Win+R, entering “regedit” and clicking OK. Once you open the Registry Editor, move to HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain and change the following keys: Start Page, Search Page, Search Bar, Default_Page_URL, Default_Search_URL. Alternatively, you can download an anti-malware tool and let it delete Qip.ru automatically. In addition to Qip.ru removal, you will also be making sure that your PC stays safeguarded from now on.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Qip.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Qip.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Qip.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Qip.ru and related programs.
Remove Qip.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Qip.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Qip.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Qip.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Qip.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Qip.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Qip.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Qip.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Qip.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Qip.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.