Quick Swipe Removal Guide
Quick Swipe may be promoted as a tool that works as a floating widget containing settings and programs that are used most frequently. However, the program not only fails to deliver on the promises presented in its description, but it takes other annoying actions as well.
It is classified as a potentially unwanted and an ad-supported program. The application usually spreads online in free software bundles, so it is possible that you acquired it unwittingly. If you wish to remove Quick Swipe, you should not hesitate to do so as there is nothing beneficial about it.
How does Quick Swipe work?
As it has been stated above, Quick Swipe gets distributed in free third party software bundles. Free software can be downloaded from such websites as filewin.com, cnet.com, softonic.com, soft32.com, filehippo.com, and others. However, when you install freeware acquired from these pages, you are usually offered to install additional programs onto your computer. If you do not pay attention to the installation wizard, you agree to these offers without even realizing it. That is how potentially unwanted programs get access to your system. There is no reason why you should allow that. You can decline the additional offers by choosing the Advanced mode and paying attention to the terms and conditions of the installation.
Soon after the unwanted application gets installed, you will notice that your computer speed is not what it used to be. The program uses up a lot of system resources, which is why your PC starts working more sluggishly than usual. Your Internet surfing speed will be affected as well. The adware will flood your browsers with various advertisements. These ads will slow down your browsing and expose you to unsafe online content. If you do not wish to risk your computer’s safety, you should eliminate Quick Swipe ads from your browsers without hesitation.
How to remove Quick Swipe?
Luckily, Quick Swipe removal is not that complicated as it is not a malicious program. You can uninstall Quick Swipe manually or automatically. We advise that you go with automatic removal, because it is more effective. If you implement the anti-malware tool from our page, it will scan your PC and detect all unwanted components. It will then delete Quick Swipe along with other found issues. Moreover, the remover also functions as a malware prevention software, so it will stay useful in the future. However, if you prefer to delete Quick Swipe manually, you can do that with the help of the manual removal guide presented right below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Quick SwipeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Quick Swipe. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Quick Swipe and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Quick Swipe and related programs.
Remove Quick Swipe from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Quick Swipe from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Quick Swipe from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Quick Swipe from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Quick Swipe or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Quick Swipe from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Quick Swipe from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Quick Swipe from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Quick Swipe from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Quick Swipe and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.