What is Quickseeker.net?
Quickseeker.net is a low quality search page that is usually classified as a browser hijacker. It is practically identical to Quick-Seeker.com. The hijacker can alter your browser settings without your permission. It was developed by Ad Business Crown Solutions and is targeted towards Italian and Spanish computer users. The hijacker gets distributed in freeware bundles. It may be presented as a tool that will improve your online browsing experience, but in reality it will do nothing of the sort. We advise that you do not waste your time on this useless program and delete Quickseeker.net right away.
How does Quickseeker.net work?
Quickseeker.net has several clones including Quickseeker.info, Quickseeker.com, and Quickseeker.info, however, none of them are active at the moment. It gets access to your computer with the help of free third party software. When you install freeware, you get presented with additional offers that are very easy to miss. If you do not pay attention to the installation wizard, you agree to these offers unwittingly. It is important that you always decline offers of unfamiliar programs, because most of them are potentially unwanted and ad-supported.
Once the hijacker takes over, it sets your home page and default search engine to Quickseeker.net. This page contains a search box and not much else. You can choose whether you want to view it in Spanish, English, or Italian. If you enter a query into the search box, you will get redirected to Google.com. Clearly, there is no point in dealing with the hijacker when you can simply use Google directly. However, what you should look out for are sponsored links that may be inserted into these results by the hijacker. You are also very likely to encounter other commercial content while surfing the Web. Do not click on any ads no matter how appealing they may seem until you get rid of Quickseeker.net.
How to remove Quickseeker.net?
There are two options to choose from when it comes to Quickseeker.net removal. You can terminate Quickseeker.net manually by uninstalling its associated application and restoring your browser settings afterwards. In case you need more detailed instructions on how to complete these steps, you can check out the manual Quickseeker.net removal guide below. Alternatively, you can eliminate Quickseeker.net by implementing the anti-malware utility from our page. It will scan your system and clean it from all potential threats. Moreover, it will also keep your PC safeguarded from other infections you may catch while surfing the Web.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove quickseeker.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall quickseeker.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like quickseeker.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall quickseeker.net and related programs.
Remove quickseeker.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall quickseeker.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete quickseeker.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove quickseeker.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for quickseeker.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete quickseeker.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase quickseeker.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove quickseeker.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall quickseeker.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable quickseeker.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.