What is r0.ru?
r0.ru is a browser hijacker that has infected your computer because you did not pay enough attention to how you installed free software. It must have been bundled together with freeware and you did not notice. It not a malicious computer infection but that does not mean it is harmless. It will make unwanted changes to your browser’s settings and attempt to redirect you to sponsored websites. The main purpose of a browser hijacker is to generate pay-per-click income for sponsored websites and that will not benefit you in any way. Actually, those redirects might even be dangerous to your computer. It would not be surprising if you were redirected to a dangerous websites where you might accidentally obtain malware onto your computer. To prevent this from happening, you need to remove r0.ru.
Why do you need to delete r0.ru?
The reason a browser hijacker is even on your computer is because you did not pay enough attention to how you installed free software. And you’re not the only one, many users end up with all sorts of unwanted items for the same reason. Free software usually has some sort of additional item attached to it and it needs to be deselected in order to prevent it from installing. You can do so in Advanced or Custom settings. When you install free software, pick Advanced settings, deselect the added items and you can continue with the freeware installation. You cannot do this in Default and unfortunately, most users opt for those settings. It goes without saying that you would not need to uninstall r0.ru if you had deselected it in the first place.
As soon as r0.ru enters your computer, it will hijack your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Your browser’s settings will be changed without your explicit consent and you will be stuck with r0.ru as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. These changes cannot be undone unless you first remove r0.ru from your computer. Which you should do anyway. If you use the search engine, you will notice that the results have sponsored content in them. If you click on any of those results, you might be redirected to weird websites. Most of those websites are just aiming to gain income from clicks. However, a browser hijacker might lead you to some dangerous websites. If you were to enter an infected web page, you could end up with malware by the end of your browsing session. For this reason, you should delete r0.ru from your computer.
If you are confused about how to uninstall r0.ru, you are welcome to use the provided guide below this article. If you do not trust yourself with manual r0.ru removal, you can obtain a removal tool. It should be able to erase r0.ru with minimal effort from you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove r0.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall r0.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like r0.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall r0.ru and related programs.
Remove r0.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall r0.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete r0.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove r0.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for r0.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete r0.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase r0.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove r0.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall r0.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable r0.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.