R5A File Extension Virus Removal Guide
R5A File Extension Virus, also known as 7ev3n Ransomware, is a malicious program that can enter your computer surreptitiously and corrupt your files. If your data files have the .r5a or .r4a extension added to them and they can no longer be accessed, there is no question that the malign software has taken over your PC.
It aims at extorting money from you by claiming that the only way to restore your files is by paying the so-called ransom. It is clear that trusting the hackers who have created this infection is not the smartest idea. We advise that you waste no money and terminate R5A File Extension Virus as soon as you can.
The first thing you should know about the malware is how it gets distributed. It uses different channels to spread online, which include spam emails, social networks, P2P services, and more. It is also possible that you infected your PC by clicking on a fake advert, in which case you should check your system for adware as well. Keep in mind that harmful applications can slither into your computer even if you try to stay cautious online. Therefore, it is advisable to have a powerful anti-malware utility protecting your system at all times.
Once R5A File Extension Virus gets installed, it starts encrypting your photos, videos, documents and other relevant files and as soon as it completes this process, it presents you with a pop-up notification. The message states that your can recover your data by paying 13 Bitcoins within 96 hours. At the moment 1 Bitcoin equals $445, which means that the cyber crooks demand that you pay them $5785. Newer versions of the ransomware ask for a different sum ranging from 1 to 2 Bitcoins ($445 – $890). Whatever the requested amount is, you should not transfer it to the cyber crooks. You should not risk losing your money, because you cannot be sure that you will get your files back. It would be best to delete R5A File Extension Virus for good and try other ways of fixing your data.
How to remove R5A File Extension Virus?
It is clear that you have to eliminate R5A File Extension Virus from your computer and make sure that there are no other unwanted or malicious programs on it. That is why you need to implement a malware removal utility, which will scan and clean your PC. The anti-malware presented on our page can delete R5A File Extension Virus completely. If you download and install it, the security software will run a system scan, detect all malign components, and remove R5A File Extension Virus along with them. In addition to that, it will also provide your computer with online protection in real time. As for your files, after you uninstall R5A File Extension Virus, you can try using data recovery software like R-Studio, Photorec, and similar or a Windows feature called System Restore.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove R5A File Extension VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall R5A File Extension Virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like R5A File Extension Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall R5A File Extension Virus and related programs.
Remove R5A File Extension Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall R5A File Extension Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete R5A File Extension Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove R5A File Extension Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for R5A File Extension Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete R5A File Extension Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase R5A File Extension Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove R5A File Extension Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall R5A File Extension Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable R5A File Extension Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.