What is Rambler Search virus?
Rambler Search virus is a browser hijacker that will disrupt your browsing activities. Browser hijackers spread using the so called bundling method. So if you are not careful when installing freeware, you might just end up with Rambler Search virus. It will not harm your computer as it is not malicious. However, you will experience frustration when dealing with this hijacker. It will alter your browser’s settings and try to redirect you to sponsored pages. That is the main reason why a browser hijacker exists. It aims to generate traffic and make pay-per-click income. It should be noted that some browser hijackers are capable of leading users to dangerous pages where malware could be obtained. Even if Rambler Search virus will not harm your computer directly, we suggest you remove Rambler Search virus as soon as possible.
How did I end up with Rambler Search virus?
You must have recently installed free software that came with bundled items. Such as Rambler Search virus. This is not uncommon and much of the freeware has something attached to it. Fortunately, you do not need install Rambler Search virus necessarily. You could have deselected it if you used Advanced (Custom) settings during freeware installation. But you must have selected Default settings, and added items are not visible there. They can only be seen in Advanced. When installing software, select Advanced, uncheck the boxes of the added items and proceed with the installation. If you now realize that you have installed it, delete Rambler Search virus.
Why uninstall Rambler Search virus?
This particular hijackers seem to target mainly Russian-speaking users. And many of them find that their browsers have been taken over and settings have been changed. Unusually, all major browsers can be affected, so your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers might have Nova.rambler.ru as their homepage now. If you try to change it, you will not be allowed to. You would first need to remove Rambler Search virus from the system. You will be presented with a search engine, and using it might not be the greatest idea. You could be presented with all sorts of sponsored pages and be led to questionable websites. This is happening because hijackers aim to generate income from clicks. You might even be led straight to malware if you are not careful. So refrain from using the hijacker, and delete Rambler Search virus.
Rambler Search virus removal
It would not be difficult to uninstall Rambler Search virus if you use reliable removal software. Obtain it, update and scan your computer. When the program locates it, allow it to erase Rambler Search virus. If the program is not an option for you, you can try to eliminate Rambler Search virus manually. Whichever way you choose, make sure you take care of Rambler Search virus removal fully.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Rambler Search virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Rambler Search virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Rambler Search virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Rambler Search virus and related programs.
Remove Rambler Search virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Rambler Search virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Rambler Search virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Rambler Search virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Rambler Search virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Rambler Search virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Rambler Search virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Rambler Search virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Rambler Search virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Rambler Search virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- Protect dll
- remove rambler
- remove rambler search mac
- rambler search remove
- what the is rambler search?
- what is rambler search engine
- virus osx rambler
- remove rambler search from OSX
- remove rambler search from mac
- remove rambler search engine
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.