What are Rapid Reader Ads?
If you see Rapid Reader Ads in your browsers, it means that you have an ad-supported program installed on your computer. The application is promoted as a helpful tool that will allow you to search for information and translate text more easily. It is supposed to show you Wikipedia and Bind search results in an in-page window. Although this may seem like a useful feature, it is not the main intention of the software. The main purpose of the adware is to generate web traffic. That is why you see its advertisements everywhere you go online. If you want to get rid of Rapid Reader Ads, you will have to uninstall the unwanted application from your system.
How does Rapid Reader work?
Rapid Reader works in a similar manner to other programs of this type such as TermTutor, WordProser, Highlighty, and more. It has an official page at rapidreaderapp.com, however, you will not find a download link on it. This means that the program gets distributed in freeware and shareware bundles. When you install free software from various file-sharing pages, you make use of download managers. These programs attach adware, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted applications to freeware and present them as additional offers in the installation wizard. If you do not pay attention to these offers, you agree to them automatically. Make sure that never happens again by always choosing Advanced mode and deselecting all unfamiliar programs.
Once the adware takes over, it starts flooding you with all kinds of ads. You will see pop-ups, banners, sponsored links, interstitial ads, and so on. Some of these commercials may be based on your browsing history. The application is tracking your cookies and collecting information about your online activities in order to customize the ads and thus increase the chances of you clicking on them. The problem with the advertisements is that not all of them are safe. The software exposes you to fake ads, which could lead you to corrupted pages. If you want to improve you online security level, you should terminate Rapid Reader Ads right away.
How to remove Rapid Reader Ads?
You can eliminate Rapid Reader Ads from your browsers by deleting the software responsible for them, i.e. Rapid Reader. This can be done manually or automatically. If you choose manual Rapid Reader Ads removal option, you can use the instructions we have prepared below this article. If, on the other hand, you decide to erase Rapid Reader Ads automatically, you are welcome to implement the anti-malware tool presented on our page. It will scan your PC, detect all of its threats and remove Rapid Reader Ads along with them.
Step 1. Uninstall Rapid Reader Ads and related programs.
Remove Rapid Reader Ads from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Rapid Reader Ads from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Rapid Reader Ads from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Rapid Reader Ads from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Rapid Reader Ads or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Rapid Reader Ads from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Rapid Reader Ads from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Rapid Reader Ads from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Rapid Reader Ads from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Rapid Reader Ads and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Rapid Reader AdsUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Rapid Reader Ads. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Rapid Reader Ads and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.