RapidMediaConverter Removal Tips
RapidMediaConverter is promoted on its official website as a tool that can convert all types of files in one click. The page states that it can convert MP3, FLV, WAV, AVI, 3GP, and other file types, and help you manage your data. The program was developed by Howard Software Limited and it comes in two versions: ad-supported and ad-free. The ad-supported version can be acquired free of charge, while the ad-free version costs $5.99.
The problem with the application is that it also travels bundled with freeware and shareware. If you did not download it from its official website, it means that it entered your PC using the bundling method. If that is the case, we suggest that you terminate RapidMediaConverter without hesitation.
How does RapidMediaConverter work?
One of the main reasons why RapidMediaConverter is a suspicious application is because it uses a deceptive distribution method. It gets attached to freeware and is presented as an optional offer in its installation wizard. However, this offer usually appears under the Custom or Advanced installation mode or uses some other tricks to stay unnoticed by the computer user. That is why most users have no idea how they ended up with the application. If you want to avoid installing similar programs in the future, you should always be especially attentive when it comes to freeware installation and decline all additional offers presented to you.
Like other ad-supported programs, RapidMediaConverter floods you with commercial data no matter where you go online. It can show you banners, hyperlinks, pop-ups, video, audio ads, and so on. It may also cause redirects to its sponsor sites. The important thing to keep in mind when it comes to adware is that it does not check the commercials that it inserts into your browsers. The adverts can easily be fake. Such outcomes as malware infections, data corruption, and financial losses are all possible, if you click on the fake adverts and get redirected to malign websites. If you wish to avoid that, you should delete RapidMediaConverter from your computer.
How to remove RapidMediaConverter?
It should not be that difficult to uninstall RapidMediaConverter, because it is not a malicious application. You can remove RapidMediaConverter via Control Panel. Instructions below the article are provided for your convenience. However, if you acquired the unwanted program through a freeware bundle, it is very likely that you also have other unwanted applications in your system. That is why we suggest that you delete RapidMediaConverter automatically. This can be done by implementing the anti-malware tool from our page. It will scan your computer, detect all issues and eliminate RapidMediaConverter along with them. The malware remover will stay useful in the future as it also functions as a malware prevention utility.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove RapidMediaConverterUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall RapidMediaConverter. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like RapidMediaConverter and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall RapidMediaConverter and related programs.
Remove RapidMediaConverter from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall RapidMediaConverter from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete RapidMediaConverter from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove RapidMediaConverter from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for RapidMediaConverter or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete RapidMediaConverter from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase RapidMediaConverter from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove RapidMediaConverter from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall RapidMediaConverter from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable RapidMediaConverter and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.